Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The delivery canceled, no reschedule thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10/1/2018 - Called Tesla general delivery line and was scheduled a new delivery appointment for 10/6
10/2/2018 - Texted my IDA a sob story in hopes of any expedited process (no response...). Probably had nothing to do with the next line, but maybe?
10/2/2018 - Logged in and was prompted for final payment. MVPA shows up with a VIN on it. No VIN on the website
10/3/2018 - Called delivery center and was told car is scheduled for transport today. Possible early delivery next week

The rollercoaster ride continues...

10/5/2018 - Call delivery center again (because lack of patience remaining). Car was in transport, but only a few hours away from the DC. I slightly begged for early delivery and am tentatively scheduled for tomorrow night. If I don't post another reply to this thread, consider my car delivered and one less person getting yanked around.

No I had to reject the delivery due to multiple paint chips they, offered to repaint 3 or 4 panels but I just rejected it instead. It was hard to reject it because it was perfect in every other way as far as I could tell. No issues with hard to close doors or turn signals etc.

Website is back to saying End Of September.
Repaint 3 or 4 panels! Thats crazy, 1 panel can be explained, any more and your process is crap.

Reactions: Glamisduner
DHolmes - Congrats!

I'm in delivery hell but hopeful - four confirmed delivery dates cancelled - now no date, just Oct. to Nov. possibility. I briefly had a vin but it got pulled, no one at Tesla I've talked to can say why except "reassigned or damaged vehicle". Reservation 4/2/2016, config. 6/28/18 Obs. Blk on Blk, AWD, Atlanta Ga. Amazing how little information the Tesla reps I have spoken with have - most seem very new and in the dark. One did say that there had been a big push to get cars delivered in Q-3 so they assigned delivery dates without vin's assigned in hopes that a suitable car would be available at delivery - this caused many cancelled and rescheduled deliveries, to say nothing of the angry and frustrated customers. The bottom line now - last Tesla rep said - is no vin until it arrives at the delivery center and matches a customer's configuration. I'm not buying this - its contrary to what many others have reported. I've seen aerial photos showing numerous vehicles waiting for shipment - it is amazing that they are unable to allocate cars to waiting customers and then update shipping progress as the vehicle moves to the assigned delivery center. Most packages today are traceable this way and there are many more of them. Ugh.

@tfolk are you calling the general Tesla customer service line or the Delivery Hotline? I don’t have that number in front of me right now but several folks have posted it in various threads. If you haven’t called delivery, definitely try them. My recent experience confirmed they have access to far more information than the general line. Good luck!

Reactions: neroden
Repaint 3 or 4 panels! Thats crazy, 1 panel can be explained, any more and your process is crap.
We know they discovered likely sabotage (and definite errors) in the paint machine software. I suspect that there are large batches of cars damaged by that. If you see excessive paint problems from large numbers of cars produced in *September*, it would be something else, but for June-July-August... there's an explanation.

I checked my Tesla account and they changed my appointment from 5:30 to 4:30 on Wednesday.
They never checked with me, so luckily I am able to leave work earlier to go pick it up. Communication is not their strength.
But, I guess you could say they are delivering the car to me ahead of schedule?

I called the Devon delivery center and they confirmed my car did arrive and needs to be inspected for damage.
They said I should come Wednesday to get it!
I will call Wednesday to make sure it wasn't sold again, and that is has no damage, before I leave to go get it.

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and Sg911
@tfolk are you calling the general Tesla customer service line or the Delivery Hotline? I don’t have that number in front of me right now but several folks have posted it in various threads. If you haven’t called delivery, definitely try them. My recent experience confirmed they have access to far more information than the general line. Good luck!
I have called Delivery reps in Fremont, Vegas and Atlanta - since posting I called Fremont again, the call was routed to Vegas due to call volume- incidentally calls recently are answered by live people, no automated waiting, they obviously got complaints and hired more reps - the Vegas rep was able to access all “on the ground” cars with unassigned vins - she found 3 with my configuration but said she could not assign one, that she would take to a supervisor for assignment. She called back shortly and said a vin was assigned and car will be transported from Fremont to my delivery location in Atlanta - late October delivery. Feels like progress - happy to again have a delivery date.

No I had to reject the delivery due to multiple paint chips they, offered to repaint 3 or 4 panels but I just rejected it instead. It was hard to reject it because it was perfect in every other way as far as I could tell. No issues with hard to close doors or turn signals etc.

Website is back to saying End Of September.

They have checked inventory (0 available) so it looks like I have to wait for the next batch of white / white performance.
Gah, sorry to hear that. I have a bunch of paint imperfections and gap issues. Not sure how serious they are but will find out next Monday.

Keep us posted!

Reactions: Glamisduner
Went to my DC to check on status of my delivery. Car is only in New Mexico, destination Boston. Checked their back lot for similar lookin configurations. Funny thing is, I found my original VIN assigned to me back there with inventory on the windshield. Should I ask for a reassignment?

Devon delivery center sent me an email today with items to bring to delivery. The email outlined the delivery process and was informative.
I called Devon and asked if they can provide an Uber to delivery center tomorrow so I don't need to drive a car there and 2 cars back.
They said they would call me back. 5 minutes later they called back and said a Lyft was scheduled and will take me to the delivery appt.
A few minutes later I got a text confirmation from Lyft about my scheduled pickup.

Impressed with the customer service at Devon so far! A night and day difference from my overall experience with Tesla HQ.
Will post back Thursday with delivery experience.

I have called Delivery reps in Fremont, Vegas and Atlanta - since posting I called Fremont again, the call was routed to Vegas due to call volume- incidentally calls recently are answered by live people, no automated waiting, they obviously got complaints and hired more reps - the Vegas rep was able to access all “on the ground” cars with unassigned vins - she found 3 with my configuration but said she could not assign one, that she would take to a supervisor for assignment. She called back shortly and said a vin was assigned and car will be transported from Fremont to my delivery location in Atlanta - late October delivery. Feels like progress - happy to again have a delivery date.

This is really interesting, and also pathetic on Tesla's part. So now you can call and if you get lucky with the right person they'll search on the ground inventory and assign one to you. Why didn't that happen automatically? And does this just skip others who are in line but didn't call? Ridiculous company.

Apparently the unicorn in the fleet right now appears to be Deep Blue Metalic, Dual Motor, non-performance,18" wheel cars. I have been told that there are no vehicles in my area (southeast) that match that configuration. Getting prepared to, for the 3rd time, get my delivery cancelled. Maybe by some miracle one gets delivered to Alpharetta today. Certainly not holding my breath.

My question, which has not been answered by anyone, is what happens next? Do they just keep assigning new delivery dates on the hope one shows up? Do they reserve one at the factory with my name on it and we follow it through to delivery (old method)? Everyone seems to be at a loss to answer that. I fully expect to be given another delivery date for late next week hoping one shows up in the mean time.

All this crap with the SEC can't be helping the situation either but that's for another thread.

Dan

I just got my third delivery appointment cancelled a few minutes ago after beggng for a week for a return call from my second assigned advisor who promised to be moreresponsive than the lady one. Now, they cannot locate my original trade in, so they are offering $2,000 less than before. This is beginning to be the worst experience with any company, ever. After losing $15,000 on Tesla stock, it is truly the worst experience. It makes me wonder what other lies to expect next, whether or not I can trust them to file the title paperwork and whether they will fix any defects observed at delivery.

This is really interesting, and also pathetic on Tesla's part. So now you can call and if you get lucky with the right person they'll search on the ground inventory and assign one to you. Why didn't that happen automatically? And does this just skip others who are in line but didn't call? Ridiculous company.[/QUOTE

I agree. Finding one on the lot explains why someone else has to be canceled, but where does it end. Why am I on my fourth delivery appointment? How many hundreds of people are they doing this to? Why does it keep happeni ng and when can they fix it? Do they even care or know how?

Devon delivery center sent me an email today with items to bring to delivery. The email outlined the delivery process and was informative.
I called Devon and asked if they can provide an Uber to delivery center tomorrow so I don't need to drive a car there and 2 cars back.
They said they would call me back. 5 minutes later they called back and said a Lyft was scheduled and will take me to the delivery appt.
A few minutes later I got a text confirmation from Lyft about my scheduled pickup.

Impressed with the customer service at Devon so far! A night and day difference from my overall experience with Tesla HQ.
Will post back Thursday with delivery experience.

Can the Devon Manager come run the St Louis Service Center? Because, this is the pits. I don't even have my 4th Delivery appointment, nor an apology nor an explanation nor a reason. It isn't really the local guys probably. I have yet to speak with an honest or efficient person in California or Las Vegas. But, I get the impression from corporate that the locals are selling our cars right out from under us. This is a prime Harvard case study in mismanagement. Has the odor of narcissism to it. I was number two in a company that was fine when the owner stayed home for weeks at a time, then was totally screwed up when he came in and micro-managed it to death.I left and he bankrupted it. These types of people are truly dangerous.

I checked my Tesla account and they changed my appointment from 5:30 to 4:30 on Wednesday.
They never checked with me, so luckily I am able to leave work earlier to go pick it up. Communication is not their strength.
But, I guess you could say they are delivering the car to me ahead of schedule?

I called the Devon delivery center and they confirmed my car did arrive and needs to be inspected for damage.
They said I should come Wednesday to get it!
I will call Wednesday to make sure it wasn't sold again, and that is has no damage, before I leave to go get it.

I also happened to notice an appointment that no one told me about. I will gladly take that day off for appointment number three. I told my representative, and.......wait for it.....he cancelled it, no explanation. This is ****ing stupid. If they are too incompetent to schedule deliveries, why keep lieing and making up dates that they either do not have a car for, or decided to make more money selling it to someone else? There are people who decide they wanted a Tesla one week ago, and already drove off in their (my?) new car.

Just got off the phone with Tesla Delivery, they are no help (though one a few days ago said she searched all VINs and could find no Performance Model 3's anywhere in any configuration). On the Tesla forums, someone on the east coast ordered a performance model 3 and got a VIN today and is gloating about it. Tesla is so frustrating as a customer.

• Informative
Just got off the phone with Tesla Delivery, they are no help (though one a few days ago said she searched all VINs and could find no Performance Model 3's anywhere in any configuration). On the Tesla forums, someone on the east coast ordered a performance model 3 and got a VIN today and is gloating about it. Tesla is so frustrating as a customer.
Ask them to produce a new car. That's what we were promised not an inventory car

I just logged in to the tesla website and strangely there was a submit button to confirm all the information again. So I clicked it. Maybe that means something is happening?

I'm back to the "prepare for delivery" step again.

Website still says "Estimated delivery by late September"

No New Vin yet.

Site says my insurance is expired even though I updated a new one but whatever...

Can the Devon Manager come run the St Louis Service Center? Because, this is the pits. I don't even have my 4th Delivery appointment, nor an apology nor an explanation nor a reason. It isn't really the local guys probably. I have yet to speak with an honest or efficient person in California or Las Vegas. But, I get the impression from corporate that the locals are selling our cars right out from under us. This is a prime Harvard case study in mismanagement. Has the odor of narcissism to it. I was number two in a company that was fine when the owner stayed home for weeks at a time, then was totally screwed up when he came in and micro-managed it to death.I left and he bankrupted it. These types of people are truly dangerous.

My experience has been the opposite. The Nevada delivery team and my IDA told me to pay, gave me a delivery date, but then sold the car to someone else. It has been close to a month with no contact from my IDA, and when I call the delivery hotline in Nevada those people are clueless. Only the local delivery center knew what they were doing. They even told me they pinged my car when it was in Alabama, but they didn't know if the car would make it to PA before being reassigned again. Now that the car is on their lot, they sent me emails confirming delivery, told me what to bring, and even scheduled a Lyft for me to the delivery center when I inquired about it. The scheduling experience trying to nail down a date to pick up the car has been unacceptable. However the local delivery team has been going out of their way to make the actual delivery pleasant. Picking up the car at 4:30 today. Will report back tomorrow with experience.