Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The high cost of repair is giving me pause on the purchase of the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect ALL people with "zero" issues with their multiple S, 3, X cars are Tesla long, or directly employed by the company - *sugar* goes both ways bro

You can always tell the real, new Tesla owners because they do the "Tesla Genuflection" before posting an issue here:

"Just bought my new Tesla, it's the greatest and most amazing car I've ever dreamed of owning - I can't imagine ever buying an ICE or any other car for that matter"
*crossing themselves*
"in the name of the Elon, the Reeve, and the Musk"
"I noticed that my new amazing car, designed by Elon - peace be upon him - the windshield cracked while sitting in my garage, and when I turned on the rear defroster, the rear window cracked.....while driving to the SC, an acorn or something hit my roof (I think.....) and the sunroof cracked - but its the best car I've driven and its on a flatbed now..."

"I plan on driving this car for the next 10 years!!! It's just like a Honda!"

Erotic short rant.
:)

No. You can go anywhere. I would try a paintless dent repair (pdr) first if possible.

Only certified body shops can order parts and do structural repairs that will maintain warranty.

That isn't always true. My 3 was hit by a pickup. A non-certified shop that I've worked with before repaired it beautifully with parts it ordered from Tesla.

I suspect most of these guys that have been members for about 20 minutes posting these things are all short sellers, or Tesla haters.

You may be right in some cases but not on my thread. It is a valid concern.

What I hope for if I do buy the M3 is a continued success with this car. More M3 s mean more parts and secondary shops with expertise and therefor... cheaper to fix. I hope Tesla is striving for the concern of the consumer and not the BMW model.

My wife and I test drove the Model 3 this past weekend. This is one incredible sedan. It hits all the points; looks, well built, hi tech, speed, fun to drive, and just a beautiful piece of machinery. However...

I have been incredible stories that a mere dent in the door or quarter panel can cost up 5-8 thousand dollars to fix. And that worries me a bit. Are these stories unfounded or bit of a hidden gotcha?
My fender was dented and the pait scratched off by a metal object that fell off a truck. It was about $1,500 but my deductable was $500 and if the insurance (or I) had not been lazy about it they could have gone after the truck driver because the teslacam recorded the object falling off and got the license plate with the business phone number. Drive safe and your Tesla can take care of you.

I suspect ALL people with "zero" issues with their multiple S, 3, X cars are Tesla long, or directly employed by the company - *sugar* goes both ways bro

You can always tell the real, new Tesla owners because they do the "Tesla Genuflection" before posting an issue here:

"Just bought my new Tesla, it's the greatest and most amazing car I've ever dreamed of owning - I can't imagine ever buying an ICE or any other car for that matter"
*crossing themselves*
"in the name of the Elon, the Reeve, and the Musk"
"I noticed that my new amazing car, designed by Elon - peace be upon him - the windshield cracked while sitting in my garage, and when I turned on the rear defroster, the rear window cracked.....while driving to the SC, an acorn or something hit my roof (I think.....) and the sunroof cracked - but its the best car I've driven and its on a flatbed now..."

"I plan on driving this car for the next 10 years!!! It's just like a Honda!"

Not quite. There are far more negative comments here by new members. That's the real point. You do have to wonder about all the posts that start off just like OP's and then slam it, often on a point that's a stretch. Then leafdriver333 votes it as informative? Sad.

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Not quite. There are far more negative comments here by new members. That's the real point. You do have to wonder about all the posts that start off just like OP's and then slam it, often on a point that's a stretch. Then leafdriver333 votes it as informative? Sad.
I voted informative because I learned a new point of view.
I didn't know a person could be concerned about this kind of thing when shopping for a model 3.
I would be asking about insurance cost instead because this would be covered by insurance.

I voted your post helpful because it is a feedback regarding my rating system.

My wife and I test drove the Model 3 this past weekend. This is one incredible sedan. It hits all the points; looks, well built, hi tech, speed, fun to drive, and just a beautiful piece of machinery. However...

I have been incredible stories that a mere dent in the door or quarter panel can cost up 5-8 thousand dollars to fix. And that worries me a bit. Are these stories unfounded or bit of a hidden gotcha?
Do you not have insurance?