Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s for rims up to 17”. They do larger quantity for up to 20” rims but never found the larger size conveniently on sale.

In the end I went for off shelf product from Halfords. With AA discount came in just over £25 everything included. Enough left over to probably do the summer set too. Autofinesse Caramics was the product I think.

That’s for rims up to 17”. They do larger quantity for up to 20” rims but never found the larger size conveniently on
Will report back when I apply it to my 18 inch winter set. Reading other detailing forums you can treat up to two sets of rims, with people tending to over apply the stuff. My current 20 inch rims already had C5 applied by the detailer and they have been brilliant to clean. Autofinesse products are good.

I managed to do 4 20” wheels with the bottle of C5 with a little bit to spare. Got a new bottle to do my other set and got the detailer to do the calipers. It’s amazing stuff, will post a pic of the Grey wheels coated later in the week, hoping the appearance doesn’t change, the silver wheels look great with C5, I don’t think I will need any specific wheel cleaner again.

ACD221CF-F4CE-4D2F-804C-F2D8CBF25168_1_201_a.jpeg
D292DC9B-F411-40B3-B30D-AD057BD21138_1_201_a.jpeg
ED533E5C-1F67-49E6-8BE8-CB07785A888C_1_201_a.jpeg
3B0B96DE-59E8-44A4-958B-3C659395B27A_1_201_a.jpeg
D5B61C2C-7FA5-45A2-9A2B-E7A3C7A61683.jpeg

A few interior shots after making some changes (hopefully welcome on this thread?) Might seem like a promotion for Abstract Ocean but I was going to order a console wrap from them and ended up filling my cart with other goodies as well :D

Mainly wanted to avoid scratches/dust/fingerprints on the centre console but at the same time change the colour to go better with the white interior. Also switched the bulbs out for brighter ones and changed the footwell light colour.

No more fingerprint and dust collecting and a nice tactile surface to touch when using these:

upload_2020-1-11_0-40-51.png

Matching steering wheel wrap:

upload_2020-1-11_0-41-0.png

How it all looks combined with the white interior and different lighting:

upload_2020-1-11_0-41-46.png

In the dark I can now better see what's in the boot!

upload_2020-1-11_0-42-15.png

A few interior shots after making some changes (hopefully welcome on this thread?) Might seem like a promotion for Abstract Ocean but I was going to order a console wrap from them and ended up filling my cart with other goodies as well :D

Mainly wanted to avoid scratches/dust/fingerprints on the centre console but at the same time change the colour to go better with the white interior]/QUOTE]

looks fabulous with the white carbon. How are you getting in with the white interior?

I really like it, aside from a (big but not immediately obvious) stain that was present at delivery on the back seats (waiting for a replacement seat.) Whilst waiting for delivery I was constantly double-checking what it looked like online to make sure it's really what I wanted. Whenever I looked at the black interior it would reaffirm my decision.

A couple more photos - this time of the exterior.

No more pesky finger smudges on the door handle! Have been bothered by this a few times, including when I picked the car up originally (whoever drove it off the transporter left a nice big finger smudge on it.) Black carbon fibre wrap - was hesitant about this as I wasn't sure how well it'd go with the MSM colour but it looks much better than I expected. Some reviews complained about the chrome being visible - I think it works quite nice as an outline.

upload_2020-1-11_23-53-21.png

Also took off the Aero wheel caps and installed the Tesla wheel cap kit. Will save the caps for long journeys where I'll probably appreciate the extra efficiency.

upload_2020-1-11_23-56-16.png