Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The M3 Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go:

IMG_20200427_083127.jpg

Reactions: Jez_GB
They run power from the 12v plug in the armrest and can be controlled from the app to set colour, brightness, response etc.
They are quite unnoticeable when off, I'll pop out and get a photo shortly.

I went for the static blue option rather than the colour change/app type - still run from the 12v socket. The first pic in my post shows the noticeable blue strip when they are off - which I quite like......

Reactions: 94jdh
I went for the static blue option rather than the colour change/app type - still run from the 12v socket. The first pic in my post shows the noticeable blue strip when they are off - which I quite like......

I didn't realise that was an option - I've still two outputs that I can potentially use elsewhere, don't want to overkill it though.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Here you go:

Thanks, both look good, and part of the trim when off.

When I asked how are they controlled, do they just turn on when the 12v socket is livened up,presumably when car is on, does this socket dye when locked or do have to manually turn them off?

Cheers

Thanks, both look good, and part of the trim when off.

When I asked how are they controlled, do they just turn on when the 12v socket is livened up,presumably when car is on, does this socket dye when locked or do have to manually turn them off?

Cheers

Hi, yep come on when the car wakes up..... not sure how that works in practice as they seem to stay on randomly after the car locks for between a few minutes and I’m bored now so I’m going inside - you switch off when you can be arsed :p Doubt it will affect battery drain given the minimal power draw, if it appears to be an issue in the long term I’ll have to unplug them, although I’m toying wit the idea of taking a feed from the footwell lights.

How easy is that to do?
That's the colour I fell in love with in the showroom yet even after ceramic coating my MSM(DVLA Grey) doesn't look that bluish/violet shade. Always looks darker.

What's the secret? Do I need sun? Maybe Scotland's not the best place to own a MSM variant.

View attachment 536559
9EBEE112-AD8B-415C-875D-B62CD6C40676.jpeg

The photo you linked to is edited (look at the borders). Just playing about with the contrast yields similar results. MSM probably will look different in different lighting conditions, but will also look different in edited photos :)

How easy is that to do?

View attachment 536580

The photo you linked to is edited (look at the borders). Just playing about with the contrast yields similar results. MSM probably will look different in different lighting conditions, but will also look different in edited photos :)
Thought I missed a blue violet color option when ordering. :) Are you saying that most of the effect is from the ceramic coating? From adjusting contrast in the photo? A combination? I would opt for ceramic if I could get my Midnight Blue lighter but doubt that's the case.

Thought I missed a blue violet color option when ordering. :) Are you saying that most of the effect is from the ceramic coating? From adjusting contrast in the photo? A combination? I would opt for ceramic if I could get my Midnight Blue lighter but doubt that's the case.
Um.. if you mean @Medved_77 's car, all I did was adjust his "brilliance" of the photo on my iPhone, in response to him saying that he wished his car had more of the blue tinge of a previously posted photo. I was hoping to make the point that you shouldn't necessarily read much into different photos, as they may have been "enhanced".

MSM, being metallic, will look different in various lighting conditions, though.

Could anyone post a photo of the gap at the front of their bonnet? Tesla adjusted mine today as it was very slightly aligned to one side horizontally more than the other, but when I got it back the gap at the front seemed to me to be bigger. I remarked upon it to the guy and he said it was "within tolerance". It could just be in my head though, and it might always have been like that.

Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it beforehand, as I didn't even think to.

I’m obsessing over this today.. I’m trying to go through photos of when it was detailed to compare... I lifted the frunk and I can see they’ve played with the adjustment of it (as requested) as they have taken some of the paint off the bolts.

I wonder if there is any forward adjustment available?

This is what my car looks like now..

65F29912-BA84-4C82-B63B-7C91A9FC971F.jpeg

8348406A-923C-4B76-BF6A-202FF5640337.jpeg

1638EFB7-BDB0-4C22-8542-AB5262D9F25E.jpeg

Am I making a fuss over nothing?

Reactions: John_L
I’m obsessing over this today.. I’m trying to go through photos of when it was detailed to compare... I lifted the frunk and I can see they’ve played with the adjustment of it (as requested) as they have taken some of the paint off the bolts.

I wonder if there is any forward adjustment available?

This is what my car looks like now..

View attachment 537842

View attachment 537841

View attachment 537843

Am I making a fuss over nothing?
It looks a little high to me. I've tried to take a photo of my bonnet at a similar angle to your last pic.

Also, if you think it is sitting a bit high I think you can adjust the height with the knobs in the 2nd pic.

20200501_210233.jpg

20200501_210305.jpg

Reactions: Durzel