Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Menlo Park sales/service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are those scuff plates on the door sill? Is that a new option?

3084488626_22fda4b760_b.jpg

Besides DT1.5 there are a ton of service details that have been discovered/worked out since the first cars rolled off the line. The cars being delivered now benefit from that knowledge. Where possible, those fixes can be applied to earlier cars.

That is another reason that I am not doing the Signature Series for the Model S. I would rather have Tesla work out their kinks on someone else before they get to my car. The best place to be is early on the regular Model S order list.

Getting the kinks out takes about 300 cars. Well below the 1000 or 2000 Signature series Model S.

I am willing to wager that they do not yet have 300 orders for the Signature Series. I think over 80% of their 700 orders are at the $5,000 deposit level.

I might upgrade to a Signature Series later, once it is defined as to the options and pricing. But I would not risk having an early Signature Model S. I would want one of the ones produced near the end of 1,000. VIN #999 would be perfect.

I am not sure that they will have enough orders to keep the Signature Series. I really don't see the great value that it had with the Roadster. This is not the first highway capable electric car. Not that much of a collectors edition to me though I am sure it will have some value 20 or 30 years from now.

Exactly what do the robots do? The are used to make parts like machining castings, punching and molding rubber and plastic and electronic bits. These parts get made by vendors and are installed on assembly lines.

As for the line of cars, robots weld steel frames but the Model S is a glued aluminum car. Robots stamp steels of metal -probably a lot fewer of them on a CF body. Robots paint cars better than humans. Even Ferrari prefers robot painting.

Robots have nothing to do with a poor quality car. They are tools like anything else. On the line the Robotic or CNC programmer/operator, the Quality Control department checking the work, and the management team that supports perfection is what makes a problem free item