Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Menlo Park sales/service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean like a "gang sign"? :)

Throw down the blogger...

zoom.gif

Last edited:
Setting the joking aside for the moment, here's my proposal.

A simple round adhesive paper dot. I'll go out on a limb and propose that the color be white.

These will be easy to find at any office or drug store. Inconspicuous. Simple.

Put it somewhere on the front, on or near the collar.

And for the jokesters, if you wear a polkadot shirt, we'll just ignore you. :)

Less than 24 hours until opening time ! So far, it looks like we have myself (Laurent), Jon, Joseph, Graham, Dave, Brad, Scott, and Jay (I did some Googling on the Internets... :smile: )

I hope they'll have more than one Roadster there, I'd like to be able to compare the colors. Radiant Red is my favorite but I might consider Electric Blue or Thunder Gray. As for the interior, I'm leaning towards dual-tone leather (black & red) but I have yet to see it in person:

2463573612_00a1d19260.jpg

Laurent
(formerly registered as Tesla R1)

Less than 24 hours until opening time ! So far, it looks like we have myself (Laurent), Jon, Joseph, Graham, Dave, Brad, Scott, and Jay (I did some Googling on the Internets... :smile: )

I hope they'll have more than one Roadster there, I'd like to be able to compare the colors. Radiant Red is my favorite but I might consider Electric Blue or Thunder Gray. As for the interior, I'm leaning towards dual-tone leather (black & red) but I have yet to see it in person:

Laurent
(formerly registered as Tesla R1)

Just to be clear, tomorrow is a by invitation only event, is it not?

Haven't they had you arrested yet for stalking the place? :smile:
Or is there a group of paparazzi lingering about over there?
Ha ha... the chain link fence makes it look fishy. :wink: Really though, the photo is just snapped from the road while driving by (with image stabilization on). Most of it is cropped out since it's too dark (and I'm reaching my flickr monthly upload limit).

"Just to be clear, tomorrow is a by invitation only event, is it not?"

Personally, I'd show up anyway (Unfortunately, I live all the way in Florida, so I'm missing out on Tesla) If you show up, they can't really tell you to go away unless they have some sort of elaborate party planned like for the grand opening of their flagship store.

Personally, I'd show up anyway (Unfortunately, I live all the way in Florida, so I'm missing out on Tesla) If you show up, they can't really tell you to go away unless they have some sort of elaborate party planned like for the grand opening of their flagship store.

I may drive by and give it an ogle:)

Hmm... seems like something's going on over there already tonight. Parking lot looked full.... and lots and lots of Roadsters visible through the windows. Even looked like they had that aero buck there.

Probably like LA. An employee event on a weekday (today), followed by the customer event the following weekend (tomorrow)...

Personally, I think showing up to a party uninvited is a bad idea (drive by ogle is alright). The place opens to the public on the 22nd, so I think after then anyone can drop by.

Brings up an interesting idea, though. At some point, it might be nice for local forum members to meet up. Maybe the owners attending this party tonight can help convince Tesla that they should let us have a meet at the Menlo Park store, or maybe even in San Carlos. They've already hosted Ferrari and BMW clubs (yes, I know they're potential customers), but why not EV enthusiasts and specifically Tesla fans? :biggrin:

This event required an RSVP from each owner with a list of the number of guests. If it is like they did at the L.A. opening, there will be someone at the door checking off names. So difficult (but I am sure not impossible) to just show up uninvited.