Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The never-ending download! Anyone seen this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed 2021.40 and all seems to have gone fine, but both the car and the app seem to think the download hasn't finished.

This is after a few days, and after rebooting both car and phone.

It's not causing any issues; my only concern is that the car may not think it's ready for the next update if it doesn't know it's finished with this one!

Q

1E13F008-9FDA-4FC4-81DE-A7BEE8025C37.jpeg
818F8F23-44E9-4428-9C7C-7867779CC094.jpeg

Yes, and the functionality's there. The question is whether the car will think it's capable of downloading the next update, if it doesn't think it's finished with this one. And how long I would have to wait to discover that :)
While I can't say with certainty what stage your download is at there is a simple solution. Use your app to 'schedule' service. Then in the description tell them what happened and ask them to push it again. In my similar case about 5-6 months ago I got the re-push within hours. You can then cancel the actual service appointment because all will be good (hopefully).

Reactions: quentinsf
I installed 2021.40 and all seems to have gone fine, but both the car and the app seem to think the download hasn't finished.

This is after a few days, and after rebooting both car and phone.

It's not causing any issues; my only concern is that the car may not think it's ready for the next update if it doesn't know it's finished with this one!

Q

View attachment 732659View attachment 732660
I had this "problem" too. It automatically disappeared after a couple of days. I did not contact support for that.