TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The new “prepare for delivery” page on tesla site

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by tony b, Aug 17, 2018.

1. tony b

tony b Member

Tesla obviously updated the website and most people seem to have the ‘prepare for delivery’ with a checklist. However atleast one person here has the checklist but doesn’t have the ‘prepare for delivery’. Has anyone figured out this riddle or heard any ideas what this means?

2. EnrgyNDpndnce

EnrgyNDpndnce Member

I just logged in for the first time in several days and got excited when I saw the “Prepare for Delivery” words! I also have the little checklist, and my links are all now blue instead of red, including the edit design link which unfortunately is still there. So yeah, seems to be more of a website update than anything significant regarding delivery status.

3. arcanexvi

arcanexvi Member

The site was updated last evening. Hit the "I" next to Overview.

4. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Supporting Member

So the next radio button that is NOT checked for me is "Appointment" and below it says "Schedule your delivery appointment. Does this mean I'm suppose to contact them? Screenshot 2018-08-17 17.07.34.png "

5. BestHand

BestHand Member

I agree with you, it sounds imperative. In reality it is what to expect next, but no, not to call to Tesla, but wait for the call. But generally it is a bit misleading,

6. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

I don't have "prepare for delivery" checked either- only Order is already checked.

(3/31/16 online reservation, configured blue AWD non-P on 6/26, FWIW)

7. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I also don't have "prepare for delivery" checked off on the new page that updated yesterday and I've had everything entered since I ordered back in June...

8. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Any screenshot from non mobile site?

9. CTinCA

CTinCA Member

Mine has not changed even though a VIV number has been assigned, a delivery appointment made and cancelled and payment made.. Ghe MVPA came via separate e-mail and not through my account page.. Still nothing updated as of today..

10. EerieP

EerieP Member

Did anyone ever figure out why Prepare for Delivery is checked for some and not others?

11. arcanexvi

arcanexvi Member

If you don't have a trade and are paying from an outside source it'll be checked. I have a VIN and it's still not checked because my trade hasn't been evaluated yet.

12. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

A rep will call you to schedule something. I was stuck where you were for awhile. Then a rep called and we scheduled. You should get your VIN a week before delivery. But you can check the purchase agreement link. My VIN posted there first before it showed up on my general Manage page.

13. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

Delivery 9/26. For me I have up to “appointment” checked. VIN is not checked even though I’ve had my VIN for about a week now.

• Like x 1
  14. BestHand

BestHand Member

C141medic I found it interesting that despite you canceled your original reservation you were able to have delivery date on 9/26. So it looks like it still worked. Good luck!

15. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

Thanks, it sure looks like something worked. Hopefully the rest of the process will go just as well.