Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new $39,000 Kia Niro EV has ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a former Kia Niro PHEV owner, I have a few comments. First, the ventilated seats, I hardly knew they were there. MAYBE better than nothing, but not what one would expect. I complained to Kia, like everything else, no fix. Second, lane keep really sucked from MANY aspects. Yes, there were a couple things I miss, and MANY things I absolutely hated. I wouldn’t buy another one under any circumstance. NO software updates in 4 years of ownership. And, $30/month to use their lousy app. I have nothing but contempt for the entire H/K/G product line.

Kia/Hyundai make some very good cars. I haven't driven the Niro, Ioniq or EV6 but they've generally gotten very positive reviews.

When compared to GM, sure. And that is reasonable since they go after the same markets.
But no car media rag compares Hyun/Kia to BMW or Mercedes because all realize that the comparison is foolish unless one rather blindly only makes a checklist of features.

Comparing a Hyun/Kia to a Tesla only on features is the same foolish comparison.

I am pretty sure KIA doesnt have the other stuff that costs more to develop, ie superior battery management system, the whole mapping superchargers ecosystem at your fingertips, just this is already costly to implement, and often taken for granted. Having such convenience vs ones have to download N number of apps and account sign-ups, are priceless.
Agreed. I installed 8 apps to charge our Model Y just in case. I’ve only used one - Scotland Charge Point (excellent) in 9-months as we were in a remote part of the West Coast with no SUP. Tesla network has been flawless and that’s worth more to us then a HUD, ventilated seats. Although, I wished my auto wipers worked.

• Funny
Reactions: Klyde99
Meanwhile my vehicle which costs only $30k more doesn't have ventilated seats... or a 360 camera... or an eye tracker for hands free auto pilot..
A bit pricier but check out the Ioniq6 Check it out. 3 models starting at $40K https://www.carsdirect.com/2023/hyundai/ioniq-6
I don't care about the $7500. When I was younger I watched the Japanese eat American car companies lunch especially Toyota. Now
I am watching Korea eating American and Japanese lunch

• Funny
Reactions: InDaClub
When compared to GM, sure. And that is reasonable since they go after the same markets.
But no car media rag compares Hyun/Kia to BMW or Mercedes because all realize that the comparison is foolish unless one rather blindly only makes a checklist of features.

Comparing a Hyun/Kia to a Tesla only on features is the same foolish comparison.
The problem is Tesla can’t compete with BMW, Mercedes or Audi when it comes to features, comfort and quality, either.

Tesla has the best EV drivetrain on the market, is in the BMW price category, but the Chevy features category.

• Disagree
Reactions: Leeclanual
As a former Kia Niro PHEV owner, I have a few comments. First, the ventilated seats, I hardly knew they were there. MAYBE better than nothing, but not what one would expect. I complained to Kia, like everything else, no fix. Second, lane keep really sucked from MANY aspects. Yes, there were a couple things I miss, and MANY things I absolutely hated. I wouldn’t buy another one under any circumstance. NO software updates in 4 years of ownership. And, $30/month to use their lousy app. I have nothing but contempt for the entire H/K/G product line.

Sorry about your experience. I have an EV6 and the ventilated seats are cold...literally feel like i wet my pants so they've probably improved them some. Also, I've received a software update OTA in my 5 month ownership. It improved my stereo and interface a bit. Seems like they are improving.

Sorry about your experience. I have an EV6 and the ventilated seats are cold...literally feel like i wet my pants so they've probably improved them some. Also, I've received a software update OTA in my 5 month ownership. It improved my stereo and interface a bit. Seems like they are improving.
You'll never be able to convince Tesla owners. They'll try to justify the lack of features by bringing up other features that the car has as if that makes up for the missing ones. It's a losing battle 😂

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
Chinese ones are already giving him a run for his money. Best selling EVs in china are Chinese brands.
The number one selling car in China from this summer was the Model Y. Not only the best selling EV but overall best.