Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new Bond car does 0-60 in......'only' 3.2 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aye, the Jaguar F with 4-wheel drive and 550 hp.
My buddy got one 3 months ago, we went for a spin the other day.
Impressive acceleration, but also a bunch of noice, vibration and drama.
for $110k I would have gotten a Tesla Model S and told him so.
He is rather right wing and thinks all electric cars are a communist plot to take his guns away.
Only reason he got a Jag is because is dad is from the UK so he went back to the roots, or something.
I got turned off by the black leather dash, black leather all over. Too many dead cows in front of my face.
Also small cockpit, could not get the seat back enough to stretch out and no rear seat.
Other than that, nice Bond car.

Argh, how are we going to get that kind of people to drive electric ??

Appeal to their patriotism / inner survivalist. EVs are generally powered by 100% domestic energy sources, eliminating dependence on foreign oil. In Texas, for example, that's roughly 50% natural gas, 20% coal, 10% nuclear, 10% wind plus "other." Almost everyone gets it when articulated in this way.

They did. Didn't seem right.

Having grown up in that era of Bond films, I was taken by Bond's BMWs.

Also, no chance in hell the Limeys feature an "American" car (Californian, really...) from one of "the colonies" as the main Bond car. BMW was still European so it made sense.

Pure EVs really do seem to be perfect for espionage, with an intuitive touchscreen user interface to activate all manner of rockets and ejector seats. Q could even point out that the manual is included on the touchscreen.

I have to say that Aston Martin DB10 looks pretty friggin sexy, even by Model S standards. But I have to admit I thought the same thing immediately when they said 3.2 0-60 - "Yeeeeah P85D's faster"

Aye, the Jaguar F with 4-wheel drive and 550 hp.
My buddy got one 3 months ago, we went for a spin the other day.
Impressive acceleration, but also a bunch of noice, vibration and drama.
for $110k I would have gotten a Tesla Model S and told him so.
He is rather right wing and thinks all electric cars are a communist plot to take his guns away.
Only reason he got a Jag is because is dad is from the UK so he went back to the roots, or something.
I got turned off by the black leather dash, black leather all over. Too many dead cows in front of my face.
Also small cockpit, could not get the seat back enough to stretch out and no rear seat.
Other than that, nice Bond car.

Owned by Indians. That would be funny.

Well, if a Bond film somehow decides to use an American car, I'd vote for the Tesla next-gen Roadster. Far more fun than a stodgy sedan, although the Model S's or X's size offers more possibilities.
I'll leave the gadgets up to Q. And maybe Elon Musk. After all, he *does* still have the Bond Lotus/submarine, doesn't he? Hmmm.

-- Ardie
And there have been many times I had wished for the DB5's machine guns...

Dunno about that... the absolute most awesome Bond car ever was French... :scared:

Citroen-2CV_Bond_78659a.jpg

0-60 in what...? Ummm, can we make that '60 km/h'?? :biggrin:

To be fair, that was only because the Lotus blew up... But yes, awesome.