Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Resource Angle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ABML has been dropping for months and getting hit hard today, down 15% at the moment, can't find any news. Short attack?

I read all tech stocks are taking a big hit this week. Wall Street is nervous about the Fed raising rates and the oil markets are going nuts because of war rumors. Russia is probably going to do a major invasion of Ukraine. They are massing troops on the border.

Additionally the Huthi rebels in Yemen pulled off a successful drone attack in the UAE a few days ago. The damage was slight, but it killed a few people. There are fears that the proxy war Saudi Arabia and its allies and Iran have been fighting in Yemen will spill over into the rest of the ME.

Oil stocks were going up anyway. I sold the Exxon stock I inherited a couple of weeks ago, but I think I sold too early. It's gone up since then. All the oil stocks are going up. A small stake my father had in a gold miner is also going nuts. It jumped more than $2 today.

I got a notice about a month ago that the fees for trading OTC stocks was changing. Instead of a few cents a transaction all OTC transactions went up to something over $6. It's tolerable if you're only making a few transactions, but that's going to curb day trading. I think a lot of money is leaving the OTC market right now.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
MP Materials dropped under attack from a research note by short seller Bonita

Some are claiming that Bonita is suspect and that some of their claims are based on outdated research using old pricing, trying to make it look as if MP can't be profitable.

I haven't looked into it enough to know one way or the other but I'm always suspicious of short seller notes.

Some are claiming that Bonita is suspect and that some of their claims are based on outdated research using old pricing, trying to make it look as if MP can't be profitable.

I haven't looked into it enough to know one way or the other but I'm always suspicious of short seller notes.

And again MP Materials responded to the short report on their Twitter account:

This is the second time in the last few months MP Materials has had the shorts go after it. The last time I made a little money on the bounce, I sold just as the stock was dropping and picked it back up on the bounce. I was wondering why MP was the worst performing stock in my portfolio today (I hadn't taken the time to check and see why).

Now the class action vulture lawyers are going after MP Materials. I've seen them flock over two other stocks I owned in the last year. In the previous two instances the stock tanked while the class action window was open. Neither class action went anywhere.

Looks like another company to keep track of:

Nth Cycle is a metals processing technology company.​

We work with battery recyclers and miners. Our customizable and clean electro-extraction technology installs onsite to recover critical minerals from separated e-waste, low-grade ore, and mine tailings. We are the heart of metals processing – the crucial step that profitably separates critical minerals from other elements, transforming them into production-grade feedstocks for the clean energy transition.

• Informative
Something must be up with TMC, as the lending fee for it jumped from ~14% to ~60% over the weekend. (I am currently being paid 29.25% for my TMC shares that are lent out.)

It must be that either shorts have piled on or people are pulling their shares from a lending program.

Something must be up with TMC, as the lending fee for it jumped from ~14% to ~60% over the weekend. (I am currently being paid 29.25% for my TMC shares that are lent out.)

It must be that either shorts have piled on or people are pulling their shares from a lending program.

My TMC shares got loaned out too. The rate has been ratcheting up. I think the shorts are probably nervous now. TMC went up a fair bit Monday. TMC has become a favorite for shorts in the last few months.

It's going to be a while before the company starts producing ore, but once their mining equipment is ready to go, the ore is going ot be dirt cheap to mine.

Might have to get back into Vale.

I sold my Vale too early.