Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"The S and X are better cars than the Model 3" - Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are we taking the same convo? I don’t understand your last statement. ‘..Done homework?’ I gave a simple analogy comparing the tech of an older but larger iPhone to a newer but smaller one as a quick and fun comparison to an MS and newer M3. Not sure why this is a hard concept to grasp! Obviously the analogy won’t be a 100% fit.

Just take my comment for what it was please...nothing more or less than a side comparison!
I was just being a smart ass because you called me out on my dumb comment. I seriously didn't know you were talking about iPhones. I thought we were talking about cars. Sorry. Don't respond and I'll just go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I was just being a smart ass because you called me out on my dumb comment. I seriously didn't know you were talking about iPhones. I thought we were talking about cars. Sorry. Don't respond and I'll just go away.

Hey didn’t intend anything insulting! No comment is dumb...everyone has an opinion on a forum :)

Glad to see you enjoy your S as much as I do mine!

Interesting read on this thread. My 100d is currently under repair for a rear quarter panel and bumper. Parts ordered 10 days ago and arriving March 24th. In Canada, the service experience has been nothing short of excellent. I’ve owned MS since 2015 (90D) and for the last 3-4 yrs it’s been easy to call in, book an appt, arrive, receive a loaner or rental, receive text updates as to my cars condition and estimated completion. A few times I even had a ranger show up to my home!

Maybe service in Canada is a bit better as SC to owners may be a better ratio? No idea. Having said that I did have an 2017 MX for a brief stint before trading it back in for the 100D MS and a cracked windshield took 6 weeks to arrive. Again not unreasonable considering they told me it may take 1-2 months off the getgo.

Anyone else have positive experiences to share or am I solo here?! Does Tesla have a lot to learn and inprove still? Sure they do. What 10 yr old global company doesn’t!

I also have nothing but great experience. Made an appointment, could come within a week. They always go above and beyond. Service noticed some things that I did not notice before like some scratches the falcon wing doors made to body. There is a redesign part which they put on and they took car to body shop to get rid off scratches. In the mean time I got a nice Model X loaner.

Reactions: David29
FYI The S75D or 100D does not beat the P3D straight line and no S corners or handles like a 3 no matter which model. But the S is smoother.

That's not informing me though. As I wrote above

the performance vs. performance; model S kills model 3.
Base model vs Base model, Model S kills the model 3.
in between model vs. in between model: model S kills the model 3.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
That's not informing me though. As I wrote above

the performance vs. performance; model S kills model 3.
Base model vs Base model, Model S kills the model 3.
in between model vs. in between model: model S kills the model 3.

Yes...if your not considering $ price/second of pickup lol.

P100D yes in a straight line. 2.3 vs 3.1
LR close to 3D straight line. 4.2 vs 4.5
SR close to 3D straight line. 4.5 vs 5.1

Again all S will not handle or corner like the 3. I own a 100D so believe I’m the last to knock an S.

I agree your earlier points abt MS being superior finish and look.

If someone offered to swap my 2.5 year old RWD S 75 straight across for a new non-P model 3, I don't think I'd do it.

The 3 is... how shall we say, not a particularly beautiful automobile. The word "bulbous" comes to mind. Awkward from many angles.

The S is my dream car. Slow charging, slow MCU and all. When I sit in it I don't stew the whole way home that my battery cells are 5 millimeters shorter and not nearly as rotund as the Model 3's.