Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Model S is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome story. Love the color and the rims. You do know requirements for owning a tesla is to have you a youtube channel along with a good camera. You can use your phone for the beginning few videos. You already have a TMC account so you are half way there. You will be looking at Tesla stuff all over the internet so prepare. Might as well get you a prime membership account at amazon. Oh, and you'll start looking for car shows in your area soon enough.

Reactions: trnunes
I'm with you 110% on this. Took delivery 12/19. Was driving a BMW 428 convertible and am amazed at just how smooth the S is. The balls to the wall acceleration is pretty sweet too :) My only downside so far is the occasional loss of SXM radio function- I haven't been able to find a common theme to it yet

I'm learning to plan my day better to loop in the local Superchargers, and I'm sure I'll miss the convertible in another month or two, but maybe my wife will trade cars for a day or two so we can both get our fix

Old car: 2013 Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid

A few years ago, I was looking into what my next car would be. For most of my life, I never cared much about cars. I was one of those "As long as my car is decent and gets me from point A to point B and doesn't give me any problems, I'm fine" kind of people. I've always been a tech enthusiast at heart and I was having a hard time finding a car that had a satisfying technology suite. I test drove a Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, thinking it was going to be my next car. It felt almost exactly the same as my 2013 Camry outside of a *slightly* better touch screen and an improved rear camera. There was no way I was going to pay for that at all. Then I test drove a Tesla Model S and was blown away. I have never been more impressed by new technology in my life.

I put a plan in place to get one and a few years later I finally have it. Can't believe it. This is my dream car and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

bHuF8N8.jpg

A few years ago, I was looking into what my next car would be. For most of my life, I never cared much about cars. I was one of those "As long as my car is decent and gets me from point A to point B and doesn't give me any problems, I'm fine" kind of people. I've always been a tech enthusiast at heart and I was having a hard time finding a car that had a satisfying technology suite. I test drove a Toyota Avalon XLE Hybrid, thinking it was going to be my next car. It felt almost exactly the same as my 2013 Camry outside of a *slightly* better touch screen and an improved rear camera. There was no way I was going to pay for that at all. Then I test drove a Tesla Model S and was blown away. I have never been more impressed by new technology in my life.

I put a plan in place to get one and a few years later I finally have it. Can't believe it. This is my dream car and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

bHuF8N8.jpg

bHuF8N8.jpg
Congrats! Start saving for your MCU replacement after your warranty is up. Tesla under-designed the MCU H/D (chip) and everyone knows it. Tesla will not own up to the fiasco that will cost you $2-3K each and every time. Google it "MCU failure". I love my S, but hate a company that will not stand behind their product. A MCU should not be considered a wear and tear item. I am on my 3rd MCU and have less than 40K miles.

Yeah, I definitely don't think I could go back to an ICE vehicle after this.
  • I have to use the brake pedal? ... Every time? Really?
  • You mean the car doesn't just turn on when I get in?
  • Your last map update was from 7 years ago? What? Why?

• Did somebody leave a vibrator on?
  • WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
  • My right foot is getting tired
  • There is noxious gas coming out of my tailpipe
  • I have to pay $60 for gas.
  • Why am I contributing to climate change when I don't have to?

Awesome story. Love the color and the rims. You do know requirements for owning a tesla is to have you a youtube channel along with a good camera. You can use your phone for the beginning few videos. You already have a TMC account so you are half way there. You will be looking at Tesla stuff all over the internet so prepare. Might as well get you a prime membership account at amazon. Oh, and you'll start looking for car shows in your area soon enough.

Hey!

I resemble that...

Reactions: IdaBish and trnunes
Great car man. Just a heads up; promised updates & Tesla isn’t a match made in heaven....‍♂️ My wife’s 12-2017 S100D should had a performance update reducing 0-60 by 0.5 seconds and now, over 2 years later still no update.
The ‘to be opened 2018 SC in my area’ is changed in the status ‘opening 2019’ and now ‘opening 2020’
Great car, lousy ‘keeping promises policy’. I don’t care anymore, Tesla’s promises are like fairytales...

Great car man. Just a heads up; promised updates & Tesla isn’t a match made in heaven....‍♂️ My wife’s 12-2017 S100D should had a performance update reducing 0-60 by 0.5 seconds and now, over 2 years later still no update.
The ‘to be opened 2018 SC in my area’ is changed in the status ‘opening 2019’ and now ‘opening 2020’
Great car, lousy ‘keeping promises policy’. I don’t care anymore, Tesla’s promises are like fairytales...

Generally Tesla keeps their promises. The catch is, they don't make promises. They tell you what they want to do, and even if it's late, it usually gets done. And even if it's late, it's WWAAAAYYYY above what any other car mfg. is doing.

As to your wife's upgrade, I'm assuming you have talked to your Service Center, right? Or is there a payment required? I don't know, but it sounds like you're not following up on your expectations. I'd be on the phone to find out what the delay is, myself.

Reactions: IdaBish and trnunes
my man! Congrats. I came from a long-ish line of high performance German cars. //M's and AMG's. (one Range Rover Sport). Multiple. Fast. 500hp+. vehicles. Im a car guy. Aftermarket exhausts. Tuned engines. Some manual transmissions. For decades. Hated hearing about Teslas so much. Electric. No transmission (ugh). No exhaust? Ugh. No tachometer and revs? (Ugh). No superchargers or turbochargers? Ugh.

Then I drove one.

Sold the AMG. About to sell my other remaining mercedes. Selling the wifes Lexus later this year as she now has to have a Y.

My ICE days...are over. Period. End of story.
Like a reply of what I could say, except I dumped my BMW Ms ... never looked back!

bHuF8N8.jpg
We feel the same way with our Model S. Every time we even go in the garage, let alone drive it. Pure joy!

I'm both a tech guy and car enthusiast. Previous toys included Corvette, Dodge Viper, Audi A8, and Nissan GTR. Then I drove a model S. Will never look back. I took delivery 11/23/18 and I already have over 30K miles on it! 15 months in and I'm still looking for any excuse to run errands, take trips, etc. Previous poster is absolutely correct, being in a Model S is the "happy place".

Attachments

• 4F8D1F74-28E6-4F33-94A1-3AA97435DB44_1_105_c.jpeg
    4F8D1F74-28E6-4F33-94A1-3AA97435DB44_1_105_c.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 73