Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Pilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I'm doing some side articles about EVs and Teslas from the pilot perspective. If you're into that sort of thing, have a look, otherwise disregard.

I also included a mention of TMC in the article!

Tesla Planning: For Pilots

Here's a snippet from the article.

Tesla Planning

By Nate S. Jaros

The first thing I learned about Tesla happened almost six months before I got serious about purchasing one. This learning wasn’t just the typical how far can it go, how fast can it go, oh it has a big touch screen kind of learning. No, I’m talking about the sit down and get serious learning that needs to take place before you belly up to the showroom and plop down some cash like you might do when buying a regular car. And because we’re pilots…we have to plan this stuff!

If you really want to step into the dark (and often seedy) underworld of owning an Electric Vehicle (EV) you most certainly need to do your homework. And sure, yes you need to start to understand things like charging speeds, self presenting door handles, supercharger throttling, what CHAdeMO means and a host of other new terms and concepts, that are quite literally totally foreign.

One way to start to get a lay of the new EV land is to go online. Preferably to a great community of current Tesla and EV owners. See what they have to say. What are their likes and gripes, and start picking their brains. I recommend the fine folks at Tesla Motor Club for a solid and friendly online discussion forum, as well as Teslarati for general news and up-to-date articles.

Buying a Tesla (and I haven’t even done it yet) requires a lot of planning. It’s a whole new EV world. You’ve been swimming in the shallow end of the Big Oil and petroleum pool all your life, you’re now about to go surfing in the EV ocean. And that ocean is new, cold, and turbulent.

Last edited: