Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Towel May Be Going In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service centre told me they “couldn’t replicate the issue” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ours seemed inconsistent - had it not been for the first drive after the winter lockdown where we were driving in a sauna at +30C I probably would have thought that things were working within spec, just crap spec. I had a few suspicions since, but final straw was sitting in car in sun but car simply not wanting to cool down. As I was just sitting in the car waiting for others to catch up, I had time to investigate and spotted the 'climate keeper not working due to system error' message on the climate control screen - it goes away once driving which is why I probably had not spotted it on other occasions other than first time. Had I not taken a couple of photos and logged a bug report (later mentioning this in service request along with time) of that I wouldn't have had anything more than gut feeling that things were not right so was able to use that in the service request. Whether Tesla service spotted anything wrong in their diagnostics or took the photo as proof I don't know, but off top of my head, two sensors were replaced.

What issues you having with heating? Mine seems to have a mind of its own for heating. Can crank it up to 27 and it still blow cold air. Have to switch it off and start it up again for it to work.
Since it had its temperature sensors replaced, it just seems to blow cold air all the time. Plus it tells me its too cold to regenerate from the brakes when it's "cold", even when the ambient is 14 degrees C and its been pre-heating for 30 minutes.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Plus it tells me its too cold to regenerate from the brakes when it's "cold", even when the ambient is 14 degrees C and its been pre-heating for 30 minutes.
Is that no regen at all, or regen limited? Its not unheard of to get limited regen well into the teens C.

To put battery temperatures into perspective, but I believe that the lower operating temperature of the battery is around 40C so 14C is still very cold for the battery and still a lot of thermal mass to potentially heat (not the same as ambient) especially if not all heating energy is going to the battery as seem to be the case of the balancing act for heat pump cars - seat heaters rather than cabin space heater may help in some circumstances.

Reactions: Roy W.