Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Unofficial Aftermarket Air Suspension Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about going down this route as well.... nice whip DNA

My last bagged car was an infiniti M45 on universal air bags, and accuair management. So I didn't care much for performance.

This time around though... i have a P3 and with the track mode stuff.... I'm a bit weary if this is the route I want to go.

Anyone know about this or whom the owner of the M3 might be? 2018 + TESLA MODEL 3 AIRTEKK AIRSTRUTS

You can still hit the track with air suspension. Here is a time attack Subaru STI that uses airlift suspension.

No clue on the owner of that model 3, even the instagram post on Airtekk's page doesn't have an owner IG tag.

I dropped my car off at Air runner last night so they can get some measurements on the front suspension. @DNAPoPo How long did it take them to make your system after they got the suspension measurements?

You can still hit the track with air suspension. Here is a time attack Subaru STI that uses airlift suspension.

No clue on the owner of that model 3, even the instagram post on Airtekk's page doesn't have an owner IG tag.

I dropped my car off at Air runner last night so they can get some measurements on the front suspension. @DNAPoPo How long did it take them to make your system after they got the suspension measurements?
Is that your red model 3? About 2 weeks, but it was the first, so might be quicker now.

Probably, does it have a huge crack on the windshield? If it does, then it's mine :( I dropped it off with Shin last night after your photo shoot.

2 weeks is what I expected it would take. Should be enough time to get my wheels built as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DNAPoPo
So finally got around to test fitting my wheels. The wheels are currently 19x10j +30 and measure 10.75" from lip to lip. There was still about 5-6mm of clearance to the spindle arm, so if you go with 20" wheels you will have about 10mm of clearance since the arm is angled a bit.

With the suspension fully compressed, the distance from the spindle arm to the fender is exactly 12 inches. So an 11" wheel can be tucked pretty easily if you get it as close to the spindle as you can. I will be going with 20x11.5, offset will be somewhere around 5-10 based on my napkin math. I still haven't decided on tires but it shouldn't need much of a stretch to fit.

If you want wider wheels in the rear, it can be done. The inner barrel has at least 1" clearance possibly 1.5", but I didn't get a chance to measure it. Once I get my wheels I will measure all clearances with a caliper. Here are some of the pics I took of the front.

Here it is at "ride" height, this seems like a really nice flush setup for anyone going static and not slammed:

B9H4hzv.jpg

ciu2gqm.jpg

And here it is when "aired out":

Hs8h0G5.jpg

qnaZ0Kq.jpg

Last edited:

oh for sure... i wasn't concerned about the ability to track the car or have it handle well with air suspension... I was concerned if track mode on the performance models would be affected with air suspension (I highly doubt it, but figured I'd pose the question).

You mentioned your car was at air runner... do you have a dual motor? Which system did you go with? "on the ground"?

Last edited:
oh for sure... i wasn't concerned about the ability to track the car or have it handle well with air suspension... I was concerned if track mode on the performance models would be affected with air suspension (I highly doubt it, but figured I'd pose the question).

You mentioned your car was at air runner... do you have a dual motor? Which system did you go with? "on the ground"?

Yes I have the P3D-. They are waiting on some parts to come in from Japan before they fab up the final build, but I did request the OG system so I can fine tune the aired out height.

Reactions: DNAPoPo