Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The unofficial "when do I get my FSD beta update" FAQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just missed the intake by a few weeks. The last intake was late May, early June. Previous to that was Nov/Dec of 2021. If the pattern holds, it's about 6 months between intakes, so hopefully the next one will be Nov/Dec.
I don't understand why they don't clearly announce when the 'intake' is going to be. It's beyond frustrating.
I have no problem with that.

But if so they should make that clear to potential testers who signed up and in good conscience are trying to fulfill, or already have many times over, the requirements that Tesla set forth.
I couldn't agree more.

My process for getting FSD Beta
-opt out of beta request que / SS
-Monitor this forum until you hear people are getting invited into beta
-Log back into FSD Beta que
-Drive 100 miles on highway in NOA
-Park car with SS score of 95 or better
-Received FSD Beta next day.

Good Luck

Has there been a definitive consensus on whether FSDb will allow a "downgrade" when inducting new members? I've gone through the versions that inducted new members in TeslaFi, and none show anyone going from a "newer" version to FSDb. However, we know TeslaFi is only a sample.

The next question: I've had 24.6 queued up to install for 2 weeks now, but I have been holding off on installing it. I'm still on 20.8. If they do induct new people in the next week or two, and if FSDb is still on an older version than 24.6, are they going to consider my car as being on 20.8, or 24.6?

Reactions: Jeffsstuff
Has there been a definitive consensus on whether FSDb will allow a "downgrade" when inducting new members? I've gone through the versions that inducted new members in TeslaFi, and none show anyone going from a "newer" version to FSDb. However, we know TeslaFi is only a sample.

The next question: I've had 24.6 queued up to install for 2 weeks now, but I have been holding off on installing it. I'm still on 20.8. If they do induct new people in the next week or two, and if FSDb is still on an older version than 24.6, are they going to consider my car as being on 20.8, or 24.6?
I think it's more likely they base the 69.2.1 or 69.3 on a newer release than allowing a downgrade.

I've also been told once your car has been tagged for a release, lower releases won't come to you, whether you download it or not. I'm not sure if that is accurate.

But no, on all the forums I'm on and all the tracking sites, there were 2 cars that downgraded to 10.12.2 both on Teslafi and 1, according to Reddit, was a mistake...they never were on .16

I think it's more likely they base the 69.2.1 or 69.3 on a newer release than allowing a downgrade.

I've also been told once your car has been tagged for a release, lower releases won't come to you, whether you download it or not. I'm not sure if that is accurate.

But no, on all the forums I'm on and all the tracking sites, there were 2 cars that downgraded to 10.12.2 both on Teslafi and 1, according to Reddit, was a mistake...they never were on .16
Good info, thx. I was afraid that once I was queued up, that would be it. It would be a shame to miss the next rollout due to that problem.

I wonder if I should just let it update to 24.6 or keep holding off. I think I'm inclined to keep holding off as I should know in the next week or two if I'll get inducted soon (98-99 safety scores!). If I don't get inducted on 69.2.1/69.3 I'll probably run the update.

Good info, thx. I was afraid that once I was queued up, that would be it. It would be a shame to miss the next rollout due to that problem.

I wonder if I should just let it update to 24.6 or keep holding off. I think I'm inclined to keep holding off as I should know in the next week or two if I'll get inducted soon (98-99 safety scores!). If I don't get inducted on 69.2.1/69.3 I'll probably run the update.
I have 2 cars on Beta and 1 not...I have a 99 SS on the 1 not on it with around 3,000 miles, but .28 is the best release in a long time. Fixes bugs, provides the MS refresh a bunch of new things, multiple route options, cloud profiles seem to work even better from the .24 release. It's a great release IMO.

I can only hope Beta goes to .28, lol.

I am happy to confirm 2 things this morning:

1. FSDb is taking new people (we already know this);
2. Having a newer version queued but not installed does not block beta. I had 24.6 queued but stayed on 20.8, and I got 20.17 this morning.

• Informative
Reactions: n.one.one