TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The worst supercharger park job I've ever seen. Any others?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gnychis, Mar 12, 2015.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

Pulled in to the superchargers near Cape Cod this weekend and was dumbfounded by this parking job:

16560900858_a1715281c8_c.jpg
    IMG_6472.JPG on Flickr

Taking up 3 superchargers!

Anyone else find any knuckleheaded parking at the superchargers or elsewhere from MS owners?

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

perhaps the driver got a different update for the parking lines! :cool:

That is just ridiculous

3. 647chang

647chang Member

I would have told the white car to pull right in front of him and backed my car behind his, to block him in. Take pictures just in case he try to hit you. Let him call the cops, they'll just tell him that he's and idiot.

4. sitter_k

sitter_k Member

Okay, I guess Tesla owners are not immune to being AHoles. But this is much more egregious than ICE'ing since they know fully well what these chargers mean to other owners unlike some ICE drivers who may have their head in the sand about what a Tesla even is.

Trying to convince myself this is some anti telsa/ev stunt.....lol

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

Agreed...I don't see a reason why anyone would park their car like this :confused:

6. muleferg

muleferg Member

This happened at the Charlotte, NC SC. 4 Tesla owners met there for lunch. When I got there first there was an old Dodge, paint peeling parked taking up 3 station. I walked over to say something and he gets out of the car and says the charger's are not turned yet and he was there to meet a guy to turn it on. I advised him my car was charging. 2 other owners arrived and he backed up only taking up 1 space. They plugged and both cars started charging. He called someone and they advised they had been approved.

P1060121.JPG

7. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Oh, that's simple: it's easier that way. Backing in to a parking spot takes valuable seconds and valuable brainpower. This is much simpler.

A lot of people go through life as if it's an RPG and the rest of us are all NPCs.

8. sickfox

sickfox Member

what a douche!

9. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Some people just have a fear of backing up!!

untitled123.png
    imagesTPR2FS5V.jpg

10. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Was it so dumbfounding that you forgot to take a pic of its license plate? I can think of no reason not to create Walls of Shame.

11. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

I thought those old lady pictures might be from the 405 movie, but they're not. Nevertheless, if you haven't seen it... it's not completely off topic, since it shows a really bad parking job...

12. saladman

saladman Member

I know it's not a popular opinion, but if the driver stays with the car I'm not too worried about it. My wife is terrified of backing the car up, so she'd much rather just sit in it sometimes.

13. santana338

santana338 Member

The only reason I can think of that someone would do this was an emergency bio-break before starting to charge. If that was not the reason, then let the shaming continue.

14. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Tesla seems to not want to do much when Supercharger's are iced, but a Model S blocking off charging spots like that is totally unacceptable...I would hope that we could report the VIN # of this vehicle to Tesla (who could perhaps email a warning to the offender advising him / her that future Supercharger transgressions of this sort will be dealt with by a possible suspension of Supercharging capabilities...)

15. scottm

scottm Active Member

Nah, just take pictures of plates and post here... wall of shame. Get a friend in DMV to get name, find email address, point the driver to the wall of shame.

16. point1

point1 Member

Wow, if you can't even back a car into a parking spot you probably shouldn't even be driving on the public road or have a drivers license :s

17. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The supercharger cables are short, you have to back in pretty close in some places, the photo in the OP is obviously at night, and there's obviously other open charging spaces; maybe it was someone's first time at a supercharger, we don't have to assume it was an intentionally bad act that the owner does regularly do we? Sure, it's a silly way to park but I'd have left a polite note and then give the benefit of the doubt. No need for shaming, doxing, warnings or lynchings....
    :smile:

18. cpa

cpa Member

With that water puddle at the front of the parking stall, maybe the driver did not want to splash any onto his car. Probably just washed it earlier in the day. No excuses though.

Some people have an outrageous sense of entitlement.

19. saladman

saladman Member

Has there ever been discussion of including a messaging function via the Tesla App? Enter someone's VIN, and be able to send canned messages "Can I plug in please?" or something similar? EV's are getting popular enough we need it.

20. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I have been the passenger in cars where the driver is completely unable to back up and place their car between pretty white lines - even with great side mirrors, backup camera, AND guide lines on the camera screen. And a nice wide space as a target. THREE tries! And still not right. Was everything I could do to keep from pushing them out of the driver's seat and just doing it for them. But given they were much larger than me & probably would have felt emasculated, I just kept my mouth shut and only mentally rolled my eyes.

Some people just aren't good at backing up.