Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Wrecked Roadster Registry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$10,500 US I only had authorization for 10k, it wasn’t worth any more, it’s not repairable unless you have another tub for it.
28km on the battery when the pictures were taken. Probably months before it gets to where it’s going, do you think they will pull the service plug? I’m pretty sure in a few months the “how do I charge a dead battery question?” Will pop up. I hope I’m wrong.
It was on approval so it may not even sell at the winning bid.

I have 34 total loss vehicles in my list (excluding rebuilt titles). My estimate would bet on at least tripling that number to account for totaled Roadsters in the U.S. market of the ~1,500 production cars.

My safest (and most hopeful) bet is that we have 1,380 living examples of U.S. production Roadsters still on the roads. That being said, I am thankful for every mile I get to travel safely in mine - especially after reading this thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Roadster
https://www.copart.ca/lot/37543789 sure looks like dirt in odd places if you look closely.
the rear under-shield is hanging down like mine did after I squashed a moose. I think it went up and over something twisting the chassis. It's branded irreparable so unless it was going to be used on the track (that was what I wanted it for) its a parts only car

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester
VIN: #1171 (US)
Odometer: 25,950 miles
Status: @Peter.h's former car. Previously posted here, listed here and discussed here.

7Zm3wSLM1j7OKmd2.JPG

Attachments

• huad2xCeaC2Feryq.JPG
    huad2xCeaC2Feryq.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Jd8KH9OVH4rkJjkx.JPG
    Jd8KH9OVH4rkJjkx.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 62
  • bZFlmCI6DOVoAkMb.JPG
    bZFlmCI6DOVoAkMb.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 70
  • zYwT9VQoHyo7fT4R.JPG
    zYwT9VQoHyo7fT4R.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 68
  • YJ9u2WgwX7WnUM7f.JPG
    YJ9u2WgwX7WnUM7f.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 66
  • rRmwaOXOqQ6McBAF.JPG
    rRmwaOXOqQ6McBAF.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 60
  • rSTPw3wTXbXm2MCB.JPG
    rSTPw3wTXbXm2MCB.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 67
  • BocgFDF0j9SlE3Pv.JPG
    BocgFDF0j9SlE3Pv.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  • J45jCRHpzimRrgMq.JPG
    J45jCRHpzimRrgMq.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 78
it hurts to see our baby this way though.
But the car did its job and sacrificed itself to protect your better half and you jumped right back into another Roadster so you're everyone's hero here @Peter.h!

Are they keeping it plugged in?
Unknown but she's definitely getting down there based on this photo. I'm tempted to call them to offer my charging cables if they don't have any just to keep the ESS viable.

fKxwIMGtPiFYQb9p.JPG

Whoa... it's already listed as "Sale Pending"! I just did a live chat session and they agent mentioned that a deposit has already been made. I asked if there was any charge left on the car or if any charging connectors were included and if they maintained the battery but they didn't respond. Hopefully the buyer replies here so we find out the status.

@petergrub did you grab this one :)

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 2.57.58 PM.png

@Roadster - thank you for the kind words.

Someone got a good deal I think - most of the parts on the car were in pretty good shape (ESS, power train, interior, accessories, ...)

I have the logs that I pulled when I bought it with 15k miles. CAC was around 140 at the time of accident.

There were no chargers etc - my wife had emptied the trunk before they towed it :)

Would be the perfect candidate to mate with a bricked roadster with an ok body shell and chassis.

I know where this car is. Will be back when I know the status. Currently working on another. Hopefully will get one or two working roadsters. Need a hood and a windshield and some luck with another battery.

@Roadster - thank you for the kind words.

Someone got a good deal I think - most of the parts on the car were in pretty good shape (ESS, power train, interior, accessories, ...)

I have the logs that I pulled when I bought it with 15k miles. CAC was around 140 at the time of accident.

There were no chargers etc - my wife had emptied the trunk before they towed it :)

Would be the perfect candidate to mate with a bricked roadster with an ok body shell and chassis.

Attachments

• 4449A3A7-1F42-4D87-9652-1E26FDA6847E.jpeg
    4449A3A7-1F42-4D87-9652-1E26FDA6847E.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 284
VIN: #1171 (US)
Odometer: 25,950 miles
Status: @Peter.h's former car. Previously posted here, listed here and discussed here.

View attachment 430290

Wow those rear tires are dead. Is it normal to have insides of tires so worn? As quite new owner I still be doing first change... Those tires on car are way beyond functioning and is not obviously visible.... Is it with all roadsters like this? I suppose it was not caused by crash, many spots seems have lost rubber.