Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

There will be NO HW4 upgrade for HW3 owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it's regulators who put the stop signs there. If only regulators would get off our backs about stop signs and left turn only lanes, FSD would be feature complete! /s
The car runs through red light, coming off a highway where I had to stop it. I have sent multiple bug reports about this and I have the latest fsd. Stop signs are nothing compared to this.

Don’t blame regulatory approval as Waymo and Zoox have permit to run driverless cars.

I listednes to autonomy day in 2019, Elon said by “next year for sure” there will be one million robotaxis. That’s insane for saying that.

Listen to it again. It’s mind boggling.

And the situation will repeat itself with HW4 so the guys who bought USS-less Teslas should not really feel like they will miss much. The HW4 cars will still never be able to drive on their own, their parking functionality will still be disabled until further notice which may never come, etc. This whole thread started with the assumption that HW4 will be superior because it will come with adequate working software that requires all those high definition cameras and radars. That software doesn't exist and never will be. This is Tesla we are talking about, come on. Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice.. three times.. four times...
Agree. It’s. Not like HW4 will be the solution. But at least they have know for a while the camera positions need to change. That’s just wrong to keep selling while knowing about this

When I purchased fsd I believed it would have any future upgrades to make it work!

This was the only reason I pressed the buy button on the car at all as I could see other manufacturers improving their offerings.

I live in the U.K. and we don’t get any features above basic autopilot.

So what did I buy?
D89CCAFB-75E1-4F8A-85AB-EAE160BAE407.jpeg

Is the first line just a lie?

Last edited:
When I purchased fsd I believed it would have any future upgrades to make it work!

This was the only reason I pressed the buy button on the car at all as I could see other manufacturers improving their offerings.

I live in the U.K. and we don’t get any features above basic autopilot.

So what did I buy?View attachment 908901

Is the first line just a lie?
I'm curious, could you post a screenshot of exactly what is listed in the UK order page under Full slSelf-Driving Capability?

I think FSD beta (the in-development version of Autosteer on City Streets) is not presently available outside USA and Canada, and even here was only available upon application and Safety Score qualification, until very recently.

But I think you should have the other features that do go beyond basic Autopilot. I'm not arguing that you'll see much value in them, I'm only trying to establish that there are such features, because that goes to what you claimed.

Most people say that the only features that are presently worth anything, are certain ones you get with Enhanced Autopilot: Highway NoA and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control. The big expensive jump from Enhanced Autopilot to full-price FSD Capability is what gets you Autosteer on City Streets, which again is not available even in testing beta form in the UK.

I would say that FSD Capability is not a "lie", but an expensive reservation ticket for future capability. Some people though, would (and do every day) say it's a lie. Even more people are saying that this past week, as information is coming out regarding new and better FSD Hardware, coupled with Elon's announcement that existing cars will not get a retrofit upgrade. This of course has set abuzz the holders of said expensive reservation tickets.

I'm curious, could you post a screenshot of exactly what is listed in the UK order page under Full slSelf-Driving Capability?

I think FSD beta (the in-development version of Autosteer on City Streets) is not presently available outside USA and Canada, and even here was only available upon application and Safety Score qualification, until very recently.

But I think you should have the other features that do go beyond basic Autopilot. I'm not arguing that you'll see much value in them, I'm only trying to establish that there are such features, because that goes to what you claimed.

Most people say that the only features that are presently worth anything, are certain ones you get with Enhanced Autopilot: Highway NoA and Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control. The big expensive jump from Enhanced Autopilot to full-price FSD Capability is what gets you Autosteer on City Streets, which again is not available even in testing beta form in the UK.

I would say that FSD Capability is not a "lie", but an expensive reservation ticket for future capability. Some people though, would (and do every day) say it's a lie. Even more people are saying that this past week, as information is coming out regarding new and better FSD Hardware, coupled with Elon's announcement that existing cars will not get a retrofit upgrade. This of course has set abuzz the holders of said expensive reservation tickets.
This is the way I have viewed the situation -
As I had a reservation ticket for the wide release of full self driving!
ED958303-D78A-4954-8AC5-A458F322A939.png

Reactions: DanCar
You bought Capability and NOT Ability:

View attachment 908920
Yes!

So it will have the ability in the future to
FULLY SELF DRIVE .

This is why I paid for FSD and the only reason I purchased a tesla over other brands.

I intend to keep this vehicle for 8 years .

When I purchased it I expected to wait for full self driving to become active.

So it should become fully self driving within the 8 year warranty (that I presume is the expected vehicle life)
C0E5F7E2-4CC1-410A-9A97-9828F7E82EA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar
....but define exactly when the future arrives. The future can always be "coming" and so can Full Self Driving.
I have if you read the post

-

Within the expected lifetime of the vehicle.

As the warranty runs out at 8 years, that is the expected life of the vehicle.

And as such I expect any and all improvements within the life of the vehicle to achieve full self driving.

Last edited:
I have if you read the post

-

Within the expected lifetime of the vehicle.

As the warranty runs out at 8 years, that is the expected life of the vehicle.
There is no time correlation between Tesla ability to deliver an unknowable (at this time) L3 or above system and your specific battery warrantee. The Package may "imply" Full Set Driving L3 and above but it specially outlines what is included and only promises Autosteer on city streets (L2 FSD Beta).

There is no time correlation between Tesla ability to deliver an unknowable (at this time) L3 or above system and your specific battery warrantee. The Package may "imply" Full Set Driving L3 and above but it specially outlines what is included and only promises Autosteer on city streets (L2 FSD Beta).
I have the full vehicle 8 year warranty.
This is the maximum you can extend the warranty to .
This could be argued as being because it is the expected vehicle life.
Anything beyond this is out of the original scope of the manufacturer.
At what point would tesla stop sending OTA updates out .

Reminds me of a ponzi scheme.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree about this, the current US order page specifically talks about regulatory approval which, in the US, is ONLY required for L3+ levels of autonomy. Add onto this previous statements from Musk and previous versions of the page (which are probably just secondary sources for what FSD is) and it actually seems pretty concrete to me that Tesla is on the hook for L3+ levels of autonomy for those of us who bought it.

I bought my Tesla almost entirely because of the promise FSD; without it the utility of the vehicle to me drops dramatically (and I would never have bought it). I frankly am regretting this choice given the information now coming out about HW4.