Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They solved ghosting on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a driver's side "dip" a corrective measure for the "ghosting" that perhaps cannot be readily detected by the casual observer ( detecition can refer to both Ghosting and windshield physical contou here, as several observers have not recognized ghosting, until bnrought to their attentions and that can't unseen it). Just musing here, as the physical characteristics,including contour of the front windshield have been posited as causative of the "ghosting." IF there has been a "dip" fix, are the windshield's functional characteristics (breakage, etc.) unchanged, improved or otherwise?

Thank you very much

Fury

If there is a fix, please post an image of the windshield codes so we can send them to our respective service centers. I have been snubbed by Tesla on this issue several times because my severe ghosting was deemed "within tolerance". Their tolerance, not mine... ha, ha.

Reactions: derkan
If there is a fix, please post an image of the windshield codes so we can send them to our respective service centers. I have been snubbed by Tesla on this issue several times because my severe ghosting was deemed "within tolerance". Their tolerance, not mine... ha, ha.
It was posted long ago here: How common is ghosting?

Ask for this part number: 1105964-00-B as they tend to use the same partnumber your car originally came with and you'll still have ghosting as the result.