Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

They somehow made the Cybertruck look worse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HEY you guys know you’re making fun of my baby! She’s kind of like a bull dog or pug, you just have to know her to love her! After you get her home you will grow to love these little character enhancing attributes even pointing them out to friends and relatives. They say everything changes when you are winning in sports and it’s the same here. You’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll love her when you take possession in a couple of years.

Reactions: TessP100D
I think you will be surprised at how many people want to be like a celebrity or social media star... and will go buy one. Look at all the excessively lifted and blinged out trucks out there. There is a demographic of people that like to be noticed.
I'm not a celebrity or social media star, can't wait to get mine since I fell in love with it when it was unveiled in 2019 and placed an order for a tri motor immediately. I don't care about getting noticed or not, lets just say, I'm an old woman and at an age where I simply don't give a darn about what others think.

I'm not a celebrity or social media star, can't wait to get mine since I fell in love with it when it was unveiled in 2019 and placed an order for a tri motor immediately. I don't care about getting noticed or not, lets just say, I'm an old woman and at an age where I simply don't give a darn about what others think.
That's awesome! A lot of different reasons out there for people to get a cybertruck, I was just pointing out one in that response, but yes, a whole lot of other people that are not just in it to make a statement.

Reactions: Inci Willard
That's awesome! A lot of different reasons out there for people to get a cybertruck, I was just pointing out one in that response, but yes, a whole lot of other people that are not just in it to make a statement.
Thank you! Another thing about CyberTruck's extreme appeal to me was the fact where you can close the bed completely where no one can break in and that's due to my favorite and not so cheap hobby called astrophotography, I carry my equipments to some areas (Bortle 1 or 2) where I have to stay in hotels and carrying all these equipments into the room is very hard on my back whereas with an impenetrable bed I can go to sleep without worrying and no one will ever know what really is under the tonneau cover.

I think we're fretting over bad photos with weird angles and perspectives. Yeah, they are going to have to change a few things based on regulations and production viability, but I think it will be essentially the same as the concept. That is, different from any other truck out there today or the immediate future.

My wife (who normally isn't very vocal and is super easy going) finally told me the other day she would be utterly embarrassed to ride in CT. She also (correctly and smartly) pointed out that if the economy continues to drop and people are hurting this thing is going to stick out like nothing else on the road... . and if you think people hate you because you drive a Tesla, take the CT and multiply it by some factor.

I think this thing will be a magnet for people trying to "test" the strength of the steel and windows... and that wiper (not tucking away inside the body).... YANK, crunch, and rip..... Hope it's easy to replace/fix for those in areas already struggling with petty crime

I have two reservations and will wait until the pricing is announced but I'm likely to cancel both. Unfortunately if "stealth wealth" is a thing, the best choices will be "traditional" looking offerings from Ford and Chevy/GMC. Even the Rivan R1S (which is what I really think would be best for us) also screams "look at me"

My wife (who normally isn't very vocal and is super easy going) finally told me the other day she would be utterly embarrassed to ride in CT. She also (correctly and smartly) pointed out that if the economy continues to drop and people are hurting this thing is going to stick out like nothing else on the road... . and if you think people hate you because you drive a Tesla, take the CT and multiply it by some factor.

I think this thing will be a magnet for people trying to "test" the strength of the steel and windows... and that wiper (not tucking away inside the body).... YANK, crunch, and rip..... Hope it's easy to replace/fix for those in areas already struggling with petty crime

I have two reservations and will wait until the pricing is announced but I'm likely to cancel both. Unfortunately if "stealth wealth" is a thing, the best choices will be "traditional" looking offerings from Ford and Chevy/GMC. Even the Rivan R1S (which is what I really think would be best for us) also screams "look at me"
100% .... i can already see the "throw stuff at parked cybertrucks" tiktok challenge. From a optics perspective the Cybertruck is probably even "louder" than a Lambo ...

100% .... i can already see the "throw stuff at parked cybertrucks" tiktok challenge. From a optics perspective the Cybertruck is probably even "louder" than a Lambo ...
Yep - we would've already owned a Model X by now if it weren't for the Falcon Wing doors. Too ostentatious for us and seemed like over engineering that would be problematic and costly out of warranty which really makes me sad because Tesla's "largest" SUV is the best fit for our family of 2 adults + 4 German shepherds.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3