Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things are moving fast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Phrugal Phan

MYLR 2022 Blue/Black w/FSD
Mar 11, 2022
Northern VA
New forum member here. I had been following Tesla since about this time last year. Anyway, I put in an order two weeks ago for a MYLR and was given a delivery date of August '22. I figured "Great, this will give me time to get up to speed on everything I need to know about Teslas". (Yes, I got in before the latest price hike, so yay me).:) Now the estimated delivery date shows as May. Great I guess, but OMG 🤯.

I set up my Tesla account and put in my delivery details, payment details, so I think I am set there. My C.U. said I should be able to finance this no problem. I am looking into accessories (mat set, other items). I have an ICE car that I keep getting postcards from local dealers wanting to buy (its an econobox car, so I don't expect much) so selling that car shouldn't be an issue.

So what to do now? Or should I expect the date to get pushed back and not freak out over this major change in date?

New forum member here. I had been following Tesla since about this time last year. Anyway, I put in an order two weeks ago for a MYLR and was given a delivery date of August '22. I figured "Great, this will give me time to get up to speed on everything I need to know about Teslas". (Yes, I got in before the latest price hike, so yay me).:) Now the estimated delivery date shows as May. Great I guess, but OMG 🤯.

I set up my Tesla account and put in my delivery details, payment details, so I think I am set there. My C.U. said I should be able to finance this no problem. I am looking into accessories (mat set, other items). I have an ICE car that I keep getting postcards from local dealers wanting to buy (its an econobox car, so I don't expect much) so selling that car shouldn't be an issue.

So what to do now? Or should I expect the date to get pushed back and not freak out over this major change in date?
Not your fault, but reading stuff like this is extremely frustrating. We took our MYLR February '21 order off hold in July '21. We are still waiting with an EDD of June-July 2022. You order in Feb/Mar '22 and have an EDD before us.

Out of curiosity, did you order with or without FSD? Just curious, becuase I saw an article yesterday that mentioned that orders with FSD were getting prioritized over those without.

Not your fault, but reading stuff like this is extremely frustrating. We took our MYLR February '21 order off hold in July '21. We are still waiting with an EDD of June-July 2022. You order in Feb/Mar '22 and have an EDD before us.
Frustrating?? People that order a car then put it on hold for 6 months creating a shuffle for Everyone behind them is frustrating! Lol. So wish Tesla would scratch this whole hold policy BS so the line and production can move on schedule.

Frustrating?? People that order a car then put it on hold for 6 months creating a shuffle for Everyone behind them is frustrating! Lol. So wish Tesla would scratch this whole hold policy BS so the line and production can move on schedule.
You are calling me out because I had a hold on my order in early 2021?

I originally placed a reservation for a RWD LR MY in Nov '19. I waited patiently when the LR and MYP AWD models came out. I again waited patiently when the SR RWD came out. I would have taken delivery at any time of the car or reserved. Then in Feb '21 I had no choice but to cancel my order or switch it to another offering. That's when I "ordered" the LR AWD. I would have been fine to take delivery but since I didn't really need it until September due to COVID-related working from home, the SA suggested to put it on hold. Again, this was offered by Tesla. I wasn't trying to game anything like what happened in Dec 2021 related to potential EV credits. I would have taken the car in December when everyone was delaying and rejecting deliveries.

So yeah, seeing someone who just ordered the car have an EDD before me is EXTREMELY frustrating.

Can you share your config please?

I ordered MYLR with FSD. No tow hitch, blue color, black interior, standard wheels.
Tesla prioritizes FSD orders.

yu1xgbs3oim81.jpg

When was the last time you posted something helpful on this site? You’re the Elon Musk of trolls

The line of production is not impacted by people's holds. Any vehicle can be re-allocated to the next person at any time. It has happened to me when I placed the order in the middle of December. I informed SA that I will be out of the country during the holidays, and yet I received an email that my vehicle was ready on Dec. 24. I called long distance to inform them that I am not available and they promptly reassigned the vehicle.

The line of production is not impacted by people's holds. Any vehicle can be re-allocated to the next person at any time. It has happened to me when I placed the order in the middle of December. I informed SA that I will be out of the country during the holidays, and yet I received an email that my vehicle was ready on Dec. 24. I called long distance to inform them that I am not available and they promptly reassigned the vehicle.
I disagree. When Thousands of people (like in December hoping for a tax credit) decide to delay it does effect everyone in line as well as production forecasts. Their not printing simple T-shirts they can just set aside on a shelf. The buyer committed to accept the terms of purchase, asking them to store or shuffle thousands of buyers Does screw it up for everyone. I know if I committed to a 60k purchase and was moved back or forward by several months I would be frustrated.

I disagree. When Thousands of people (like in December hoping for a tax credit) decide to delay it does effect everyone in line as well as production forecasts. Their not printing simple T-shirts they can just set aside on a shelf. The buyer committed to accept the terms of purchase, asking them to store or shuffle thousands of buyers Does screw it up for everyone. I know if I committed to a 60k purchase and was moved back or forward by several months I would be frustrated.
When demand is greater than output one can use this analogy: for every car produced there is n number of orders + y number of discord buyers. Even if an order is placed on hold there are now n-1 orders to fulfill and y number of discord buyers. Tesla had no issues getting rid of their demos inventory and new orders inventory by the end of the day on Dec. 31.
What are you disagreeing with?

When demand is greater than output one can use this analogy: for every car produced there is n number of orders + y number of discord buyers. Even if an order is placed on hold there are now n-1 orders to fulfill and y number of discord buyers. Tesla had no issues getting rid of their demos inventory and new orders inventory by the end of the day on Dec. 31.
What are you disagreeing with?
The problem is your rebuttal is about the Company not the consumer. When someone orders a product anticipating a 5 month lead time for a 60-100k purchase most use that time to put their affairs in order not looking for a 4 month early surprise because a mass of people were inconvenienced to take their delivery as scheduled. And why selling used demo cars is important I have no idea? If they only made 1 configuration car no problem, they don’t.

If this is the case and I wanted quick delivery, I would order with FSD and once delivery is confirmed just have FSD removed, It just software after all.

I ordered my Y with no FSD back in August of 2020, projection was 2 weeks, became 4. Ordered the S in July of 2021 with FSD, projection was 4 weeks, became almost 6 months. Bottomline is as more and more people order the waiting times become longer and longer. Tesla simply sucks at updating delivery times to realistic figures.