Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

Perhaps you've not lived in a hot climate with a large engineed vehicle. The stored thermal energy in the engine, transmission and exhaust system (catalytic converter in particular) really heats up the garage. And it smells like it too!
My question was more rhetorical because the same is true for the model s, on a hot day you can park in your garage after a drive and listen to the fans cool the battery down, warms the garage up as well.

Don’t take it the wrong way, I don’t care what car anyone buys or likes, I just find it hilarious the last few posts absolutely grasping at straws to come up with a reason why they’ll not miss their ICE.

Ps. Guys! I’ve got another reason for y’all! That damn gas cap! Aren’t you glad you’ll never have to worry about snapping your wrist as you twist open the gas cap?

My question was more rhetorical because the same is true for the model s, on a hot day you can park in your garage after a drive and listen to the fans cool the battery down, warms the garage up as well.

Don’t take it the wrong way, I don’t care what car anyone buys or likes, I just find it hilarious the last few posts absolutely grasping at straws to come up with a reason why they’ll not miss their ICE.

Ps. Guys! I’ve got another reason for y’all! That damn gas cap! Aren’t you glad you’ll never have to worry about snapping your wrist as you twist open the gas cap?

I have had my two different Tesla's turn on their cooling fans in the garage. Nowhere near close to the amount of heat put out by one of those big engines the catalytic converter etc. Not even in the same ballpark. Again, perhaps it makes a difference if you're in a hot climate.

I have had my two different Tesla's turn on their cooling fans in the garage. Nowhere near close to the amount of heat put out by one of those big engines the catalytic converter etc. Not even in the same ballpark. Again, perhaps it makes a difference if you're in a hot climate.
Actually you’re right, now that I think about it some more I do remember my bmw radiating more heat than the model s.

I used to live in the Central Valley of California, it gets quite hot in the summer time.

Reactions: henderrj
Took your advice and bought the sport, another benefit was it's 1K cheaper than EX so ~ $25K. The sad part was dealing with dealer, and that a used 3 would have been cheaper.
Well done sir. I like Hondas. My ‘15 Accord has been rock solid. Routinely get 40+ mpg on long interstate trips and 30+ in town. Nothing but oil changes, wipers and tires. Only negative thing is that it’s about as exciting to drive as watching a cup of coffee go cold.

The wife’s ‘18 Accord on the other hand has got issues. The injectors was the last straw. Went to a Subaru dealer today to poke around an Outback. For an ICE car I was impressed. Got home and went to get the mail. Only mail today? A recall on her car for the low pressure fuel pump.

Reactions: vickh and evo9rs
I just don’t miss my BMW, $3k yearly maintenance as told by M service advisor for oil & tune up charges alone. Good thing I sold this before the warranty expired.

Yeah. I was cross-shopping the MB 3 row GLB, CPO around the same price as a new Y. Yearly maintenance/repairs $+ time is why we might be a 2 TSLA family soon. My only concern is road trips.