Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.
View attachment 999364

Errrm.. there's nothing wrong with this -- it happens all the time and it normal. In the photo you posted, the driver just parked way too far from the pump and not close enough to make it easy. IOW, he's doing it wrong.

There are always long lines at Costco pumps, and there's absolutely no problem pulling into the shortest lane and pumping from the far side if you have to. I laugh at all the people trying to line up on the "gas tank" side and waiting a lot longer for gas.

1702565226693.png

1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had yView attachment 999364ears ago first.

Oil changes, coolant flushes, transmission fluid replacement, timing belts, fuel injectors, spark plugs, rear diff grease, various belts & hoses, engine air filters, gas stations & prices, PCV valves, emissions testing, higher emissions, brake rotor/pad replacement every 50K or less, starter replacement, alternator replacement, complex transmission…

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y[

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had yView attachment 999364ears ago first.
You would cringe at me behavior as a relatively new Tesla owner. Normally every Sunday morning I would fill up my suv at the gas station.
The first Sunday after getting my M3, I woke up bleary eyed and drove to the gas station. I went to put the nozzle into the car...then I remembered: "I am free!"

I agree with you🙂
=full]999364[/ATTACH]ears ago

The stench of engine exhaust, gas, oil, in the garage. It is so nice to have a garage that doesn't stink!
It’s a garage, it’s supposed to stink. That smell brings back memories!

To the OP, you missed one.

11.) Getting to work and realizing you left your cell phone at home. (Those of us who use our cell phones as car keys.)

Last edited:
Oil changes, coolant flushes, transmission fluid replacement, timing belts, fuel injectors, spark plugs, rear diff grease, various belts & hoses, engine air filters, gas stations & prices, PCV valves, emissions testing, higher emissions, brake rotor/pad replacement every 50K or less, starter replacement, alternator replacement, complex transmission…
Honestly this is annoying af. At my wife's current mileage she hits 10k every 10 weeks, so either i need to do the oil change or spend a couple of hours bringing it in somewhere. I absolutely loathe the dealership visits now. Since she's doing it all instead in the tesla I just have tires to rotate at home and nothing else.

I have two gas cars also, but I do hate Americans' idiotic obsession with gas prices and the incessant crying about it. Prices go up it's all over the news they whine and whine and whine about all sorts of factors--but rarely acknowledge that maybe a tiny, tiny part of it is the fact their truck gets 15 mpg.

Errrm.. there's nothing wrong with this -- it happens all the time and it normal. In the photo you posted, the driver just parked way too far from the pump and not close enough to make it easy. IOW, he's doing it wrong.

There are always long lines at Costco pumps, and there's absolutely no problem pulling into the shortest lane and pumping from the far side if you have to. I laugh at all the people trying to line up on the "gas tank" side and waiting a lot longer for gas.

View attachment 999369
Unless you value your paint

Reactions: Midpack
I finally own my Tesla, it's been on my mind for darn near ten years. I am a gearhead, Porsche particularly. My new M3P reminds me very much of my 06 Boxster S in the handling department, just heavier and bigger and totally glued down. Oh and about double the power.... Mine was just built on the 4th of Dec. I can't find a flaw yet and I have managed to put about 1200 miles on it. It's our retirement present I'm pulling the plug on my long sales career where I dreamed of full autonomy to make the mobile office a reality and shorten my day. I am over the moon with my M3P, the dark silver and the white interior, no kids we are tidy folks, I love the look. Elon helped out with a 1K Cybertruck price break, plus all the price cuts, and here I am. I preplanned the power for it and have the wall connector charging at 48 amps. The icing on the cake?? My residential power rate is 7.25 per Kwh. As the street vendors in TJ say, Senor, almost free!

11. Periodic oil changes
12. Periodic transmission fluid changes
13. Fan belts and all that goes with them
14. Timing chains you replace at 60,000 miles (my Honda Civic, back in the day)
15. Worrying about catalytic converters - thefts, heat causing fires, smell
16. -for now, not paying gas taxes. Something will have to change to fund roads, and that's going to be a painful day I'm afraid.

I still scan my fuel rewards card at Fry's, but it just goes to my fiance when she drives her old Ford Crown Vic police car. I've not pumped gas since August.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I was visiting my brother in law down in Phoenix last month and he asked me “what are gas prices like in Minneapolis?” I looked at him, shrugged and said “idunno!”

Boy do I not miss frequent visits to a mechanic. Owning a Tesla is just so simple.

This. There is a 2018 Accord in the carport that is in a state of major disassembly. The fuel injectors need to be replaced at 50,000 miles. Eight hours of twisting wrenches just to get them out. I’ve been an aircraft mechanic all my life and this is one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever taken on.

This. There is a 2018 Accord in the carport that is in a state of major disassembly. The fuel injectors need to be replaced at 50,000 miles. Eight hours of twisting wrenches just to get them out. I’ve been an aircraft mechanic all my life and this is one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever taken on.
I've done that on a 1995 Nissan Maxima. Almost 200,000 miles on it. I got pretty good at unburying them as I only replaced them one at a time as they failed. I'm surprised your Honda injectors did not last as long. No more ICE ages vehicles work for me. We take our Crosstour in for regular maintenance. My 2022 MSLR does not need so much attention.

Last edited:
The deleterious effects of car fumes on lives and health is something that just a lot of people don't understand or appreciate. It shortens lives and makes people's lives who have existing health issues much worse. Yes, in my area still much of the energy my car consumes comes from fossil fuels but the emissions from a fossil fuel plant is way less mile per mile driven than an ICE car. And every year my utility is getting better; transitioning more and more to renewables. So as time goes by my car is less polluting while the ICE driver stays the same and actually gets worse. I agree with all the other reasons posted above, but helping people live healthier lives is first in my opinion.

Our 2011 Odyssey has ‘lifetime’ platinum spark plugs that need to be replaced at 120k (or something like that) The problem is, after 120k miles they’re practically welded in and impossible to remove so a lot of mechanics recommend loosening and tightening them every 50-60k miles. Problem is you can’t get to half of them without major disassembly.

Reactions: HankE-LA and RNHurt