Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

In my state, you still have to have annual inspection like any ICE vehicle, they just don’t do the emissions test. So it’s no real advantag…
In Connecticut, there is no inspection for EVs. Not even a safety inspection. I just pay my bi-annual registration fee and that's it. So glad not to be in MA anymore where they inspect everything down to the windshield washer (and probably even more now).

• Informative
Reactions: rlsd
+1. A funny thing, we find ourselves avoiding longer trips if there isn't a Tesla supercharger somewhat convenient. Fortunately that's not very restrictive now, but I just used our ICE vehicle for a trip to Pinehurst NC because there's no Tesla supercharger anywhere near there (according to Tesla's trip planners). I also noticed one Tesla supercharger that doesn't show up on Tesla's trip planner on HHI? I can see it on any map aerial view. Not sure why? [I just checked again and the Tesla supercharger at 33 Office Park Road, HHI SC does not show up on https://www.tesla.com/trips]

I have heard horror stories online and from a few personal friends with non-Tesla EVs about charging elsewhere. Spotty charge rates, chargers out of service, long lines at some locations, etc. Same with "destination" chargers at hotels, restaurants, etc. - totally unpredictable. No thanks.
We just got back from a couple days on Edisto beach. We were able to L1 charge at the rental but otherwise it would have been a real problem. (Edit: we didn't pick the rental, the in-laws did)

The trip also cemented in my wife's mind that she wants a hybrid as her next car instead of an EV. She's looking at the Corolla Cross. Too bad there's not a PHEV version..

Yep, that's my Model X charging away in the COLD background.
0 degrees Fahrenheit (in the sun!) and the electrons still flow! ;)

Along the same lines, I love that even in the coldest of days, I can just jump in my Model S and drive somewhere without needing to "warm it up" or even more annoyingly, let a car warm up to operating temp before shutting it off (otherwise, the increased condensation in the exhaust can prematurely rest the exhaust system).

I hate in an ICE when you start the motor on a super cold day and you can just hear the motor running before the oil has had a chance to fully circulate and warm up.

Reactions: Eric33432
FORGETTING YOUR GAS CAP-then u have go buy another one that fits.

GAS DOOR FROZEN-from rain or car wash. Unlock button stuck or malfunctioning.

THEFT/CRIME: bums asking for money, car stolen left key in ignition.

I kind of like not getting gas on my hands or clothing. That **** always splashes at the pump.

I've also worked on a lot of cars growing up, and I don't miss all the greasy grimy mess of car engines. I guess most people don't work on their cars. I did, and it was always a nasty mess. Electric needs far less service. I remember changing the worn out clutch on my 81 Mercury Capri. What a pain. Also had to replace the timing belt on it. That sucked too. I had an 84 Capri that would leak oil on the exhaust and create smoke and smells. Have fun replacing the rear main seal. I have so many stories. My Jeep Wrangler gas lines corroded and started leaking gas on the underside of the car. I'm sure that was safe. I had to replace all the gas lines under the Jeep. Since the bolts were corroded on in some places, I had to use an angle grinder that would spit showers of sparks to get the bolts off so I could replace the leaking gas lines. Gas cars are kind of awful, really.

Last edited: