Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

driving by gas stations and every few HOURS seeing the gas prices change or hearing it on the news: "top story tonight gas jumps to over $6.00/gallon".

Waiting in line behind a TRUCK which takes 10-20 minutes to fill.
Line up at cash register-cause everyone is buying a lotto ticket.
Tanker truck refueling the empty gas tank and the gas pumping from the gas pumps is TRIKLING out very slowly.
Traffic on street never ends when your finished pumping and want to exit.

Reactions: MitchMitch
I've been self-serve pumping gas for over 40 years and maybe once had gas "splash" at the pump.

I had two auto shutoff failures (at two different stations using two different cars) within in a year. Both glad and not that I was standing right there. At least I could shut it off quickly, but both cases soaked my shoes and socks with gasoline.

I will not miss the jerry cans with the ridiculous "spill resistant" nozzles that create ten times more spilling than I do by taking the nozzle off and using a funnel.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
1. I won't miss having to open my garage door or parking my car in the driveway to warm my car due to potential carbon monoxide poisoning
2. I won't miss waiting at the long Costco gas lines to get 10c cheaper gas
3. I won't miss having to time when to get gas in hoping that the price will drop the next day
4. I won't miss the maintenance of the car. Dealing with oil changes, fluid changes, etc

There are more, but I'm not trying to write an essay

I've done that on a 1995 Nissan Maxima. Almost 200,000 miles on it. I got pretty good at unburying them as I only replaced them one at a time as they failed. I'm surprised your Honda injectors did not last as long. No more ICE ages vehicles work for me. We take our Crosstour in for regular maintenance. My 2022 MSLR does not need so much attention.
There are trending problems with the 1.5L Turbo used in various Honda models. Early injector failures. Blown head gaskets. List goes on from the Honda forums. Glad I’m handy with a wrench. Dealer wanted $2000. I did it for $700 in parts.

There are trending problems with the 1.5L Turbo used in various Honda models. Early injector failures. Blown head gaskets. List goes on from the Honda forums. Glad I’m handy with a wrench. Dealer wanted $2000. I did it for $700 in parts.

About to buy a new Civic EX for my son. Do they have this issue or older models? We could get a Sport for about 1K less, but EX seemed nicer.

any links?

About to buy a new Civic EX for my son. Do they have this issue or older models? We could get a Sport for about 1K less, but EX seemed nicer.

any links?
Found some:

Reactions: HankE-LA
dealing with an engine that feels weak/runs poorly (for whatever the multitude of reasons) or an automatic transmission that takes fooooooooooooorever to shift gears. Don't get me started on hard shifts/drive line slop/shudders/etc. Super stressful IMO and the def a reason why I'll likely never go back to ICE as a DD.

Love the consistent power and lack of transmission in my Tesla, despite the fact that I still love rowing through the gears in an ICE sports car.

Found some:

Stay away from the 1.5L Turbo. My wife’s 2018 Accord had to have the fuel injectors replaced due to the computers sensing a fault. Vehicle only had 50,000 miles. $1000 in parts and 12 hours under the hood doing it myself. Cruise the Honda forums and you’ll find plenty of people who have issues with this engine.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Stay away from the 1.5L Turbo. My wife’s 2018 Accord had to have the fuel injectors replaced due to the computers sensing a fault. Vehicle only had 50,000 miles. $1000 in parts and 12 hours under the hood doing it myself. Cruise the Honda forums and you’ll find plenty of people who have issues with this engine.

Took your advice and bought the sport, another benefit was it's 1K cheaper than EX so ~ $25K. The sad part was dealing with dealer, and that a used 3 would have been cheaper.

Reactions: evo9rs
Oh any light on an ice car-u gotta check like 5-6 things to figure out what exactly went wrong. Check engine light is so generic, who knows what failed-could be loose gas cap but the dealers charge a huge diagnostic fee.

Reactions: rlsd