Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THINGS I DON'T MISS ABOUT GAS VEHICLES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) GAS PRICES-when they go up, all you hear is everyone complaining about how they can't afford to it. Gas prices go down-everyone is lined up, fighting over who was next.

2) LINES UPS-no not at the pump, when U go inside to pay and there's an old person checking his lotto tickets, holding up the line.

3) NO FUNCTIONIG PUMPS-2-3 pumps are down, so more line ups and frustarion.

4) DEBIT OR CREDIT TRANSACTIONS DOWN-sorry cash only = MORE LINE UPS

5) GAS TANK WRONG SIDE-U seen them, people who pull up and their gas tank on the opposide side, so they stretch the hose.

6) CANCEROUS FUMES-breathing in gas fumes or exhaust fumes, gas spiilages and the stetch of gas on your clothes,gas tank leaks.

7) ENGINE NOISE-you know, every stop light, Saturday night, 20 somethings reving the engines, stomping the the gas pedal, squelling tires or someone speeding by. Engine problems or engine wont turn over noise when U turn the key, busted muffler noise pollution.

8) EXHAUST FUMES SPEWING-especially in the cold weather months, people remote starting their cars and all that smoke spewing into enviroment.

9) KEYS-Cant find keys, frozen locks, ignition switches, bulky-always making a hole in your jeans, noisy-jingle jangle key sounds,key fob battery replacement.

10) PRICES-they keep going up and every year they boast about new features that teslas have had y
pump on wrong side.jpg
ears ago first.

What do they inspect then?
In my state during a safety inspection, a licensed mechanic examines a vehicle's headlights, signals, brakes, steering, windows and tires. ”Fifteen states have a periodic (annual or biennial) safety inspection program [plus emissions]. An additional 16 states require periodic emissions inspections [only].”

Reactions: rlsd
1. Smog check. Every time I brought the car to a smog check station I worried that the check would fail.
2. Engine oil stains on my garage floor.
3. Heat in the garage during the hot summer.
Diesel smog is my pet hate and almost every diesel car spews it like crazy. I can’t believe they haven’t banned them. Some diesel cars even have a green leaf or some sort of badge to indicate it is environmentally friendly when it is anything but.

Reactions: evo9rs and rlsd
In my state during a safety inspection, a licensed mechanic examines a vehicle's headlights, signals, brakes, steering, windows and tires. ”Fifteen states have a periodic (annual or biennial) safety inspection program [plus emissions]. An additional 16 states require periodic emissions inspections [only].”
In California, the police or highway patrol people inspect those things. If they see your lights not working they give a ticket. :)

TV news spewing “TESLA RECALL 1000,s cars”—-boom over the fix in a few days. No waiting for a official letter, no making an appointment MONTHS in advance at dealership then leaving yr car for hours while u wait in lounge.
This. Had someone tell me if I knew about the recall. I was like, "Yup, and it already has been fixed with an OTA update". He wouldn't believe me. LOL.

Reactions: RNHurt
Yeah, definitely don't miss gas stations and messy maintenance tasks that eat up weekends. I like working on stuff, but not when I have to in order to get to work the next day.

That said, I do miss not having to worry about "where am I going to charge?" when staying somewhere else, especially at the in-laws' place. They only have a 5-15 available, no room in the panel for another breaker, they won't let me put in a subpanel to expand, and hiring a pro to do it is too much money. I wind up using the Chargepoint L2 a mile away.

But certainly at home, nothing beats plugging in every night...
Have you looked into installing a tandem breaker in place of 2 regular breakers to feed a 240 volt circuit? Just 20 amps at 240 volts will be night and day better than a NEMA 5-15.

Have you looked into installing a tandem breaker in place of 2 regular breakers to feed a 240 volt circuit? Just 20 amps at 240 volts will be night and day better than a NEMA 5-15.
I have. Problem is the electrical in that house is a mess--I already found out that the lone (one spot) 5-20 outlet in the garage is actually hooked up to a 15A breaker that feeds other spots somewhere in the house (not the garage). I'm going to fix that outlet next visit. Un-f'ing the whole mess would be one thing if it were my house, but it's theirs. I think I could talk them into replacing the main disconnect outside with one that has a couple extra breaker spots and run something off that, but that's still an expensive uphill battle.

The better solution would be to stay with my parents only 15 minutes away from them, where Dad let me put in a 14-50, but that's not always possible.

Reactions: Eric33432
Yeah, definitely don't miss gas stations and messy maintenance tasks that eat up weekends. I like working on stuff, but not when I have to in order to get to work the next day.

That said, I do miss not having to worry about "where am I going to charge?" when staying somewhere else, especially at the in-laws' place. They only have a 5-15 available, no room in the panel for another breaker, they won't let me put in a subpanel to expand, and hiring a pro to do it is too much money. I wind up using the Chargepoint L2 a mile away.

But certainly at home, nothing beats plugging in every night...
+1. A funny thing, we find ourselves avoiding longer trips if there isn't a Tesla supercharger somewhat convenient. Fortunately that's not very restrictive now, but I just used our ICE vehicle for a trip to Pinehurst NC because there's no Tesla supercharger anywhere near there (according to Tesla's trip planners). I also noticed one Tesla supercharger that doesn't show up on Tesla's trip planner on HHI? I can see it on any map aerial view. Not sure why? [I just checked again and the Tesla supercharger at 33 Office Park Road, HHI SC does not show up on https://www.tesla.com/trips]

I have heard horror stories online and from a few personal friends with non-Tesla EVs about charging elsewhere. Spotty charge rates, chargers out of service, long lines at some locations, etc. Same with "destination" chargers at hotels, restaurants, etc. - totally unpredictable. No thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: gtae07
It’s a garage, it’s supposed to stink. That smell brings back memories!

To the OP, you missed one.

11.) Getting to work and realizing you left your cell phone at home. (Those of us who use our cell phones as car keys.)

Yup. Smells bring back childhood memories. I hung out at my Uncle and Dad's Meineke on Saturdays. Even cigarettes smells I don't mind since my Dad used to smoke in the 80s and he'd let me start him a new one with the car lighter. Different times...

Yup. Smells bring back childhood memories. I hung out at my Uncle and Dad's Meineke on Saturdays. Even cigarettes smells I don't mind since my Dad used to smoke in the 80s and he'd let me start him a new one with the car lighter. Different times...
Imagine today watching a child start a cigarette for their parent? Amazing times back there
No PC
Freer

Reactions: evo9rs
I might be in the minority but I absolutely still love my ICE. And I love the model s. Different cars for different moods.
Sometimes I like the effortless and quiet drive of the model s. And sometimes I want the jerky loud drive of my M5

But I also love working on it, it’s therapeutic to me. So most of the complaints about maintenance and shops don’t really apply to me.

Variety is the spice of life people.