Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Think I’m gonna buy a Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wondered onto the lot at a local Porsche dealer and saw a nice Taycan 4s pretty well equipped and stupidly drove it. I have two others GT3s so I’m no stranger to the p-cars. It drove wonderfully to the point I put a deposit on it to think about it till Monday. The primary function of this car is for my wife, grocery getter, date night out, her getting to gym, etc. the range at 230 is acceptable given the use case.

what I really like was the ride quality. handling, fit & finish and comfort. i think for the money it should have better range but it doesn’t.

I do have a quick question. Can I use my Tesla Wall charger with a J1722 adapter so I don’t have to have two mounted? If so can someone recommend a good one? Thanks.

I‘m going to check out the Taycan forums but any owners here please chime in.

I wondered onto the lot at a local Porsche dealer and saw a nice Taycan 4s pretty well equipped and stupidly drove it. I have two others GT3s so I’m no stranger to the p-cars. It drove wonderfully to the point I put a deposit on it to think about it till Monday. The primary function of this car is for my wife, grocery getter, date night out, her getting to gym, etc. the range at 230 is acceptable given the use case.

what I really like was the ride quality. handling, fit & finish and comfort. i think for the money it should have better range but it doesn’t.

I do have a quick question. Can I use my Tesla Wall charger with a J1722 adapter so I don’t have to have two mounted? If so can someone recommend a good one? Thanks.

Beautiful car and an excellent choice. For driving dynamics, styling, and interior appointments, Porsche really got it right.

Not sure how the adapter would work as you cannot fit the J1772 to the wall connector plug. It’s the same as the Tesla supercharger plug which makes it a no-go.

here is one from evse adapters, which is pretty highly respected around here:

You can’t use the standard Tesla branded J1772 adapter since that goes the wrong way (it works from a J1772 source).

That EVSE adapter mentioned above would work, but it looks backordered. Now you’re in the world of Chinese copies like this one:

Will they work? Will they fry a Tesla EVSE? Who knows.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at its range IRL, very similar to a MS of the same spec.

Wow, nice car for around the town errands and date nights. Can you adopt me? :)

The taycan exists pretty much for people like the OP, in my opinion. OP said ...

I have two others GT3s
The taycan, the macan, the cayenne, all exists for people who are already "P-car" owners, but want "an EV, A small SUV, a Medium size SUV". I think its a very nice looking vehicle, personally. Im not a P car owner (they are out of my price range), but understand why people love them.

You can’t use the standard Tesla branded J1772 adapter since that goes the wrong way (it works from a J1772 source).

That EVSE adapter mentioned above would work, but it looks backordered. Now you’re in the world of Chinese copies like this one:

Will they work? Will they fry a Tesla EVSE? Who knows.

I would not buy the one piece one. To much stress with adapter and Tesla charge plug. Probably over a ft sticking out of the car.

I bought this one to charge my wife’s Volt with wall connector and it has been flawless.

Amazon.com: Lectron - Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connector, Destination Charger, and Mobile Connector (White): Automotive

Reactions: Zer0t
Model 3 to Taycan here. Ordered one April 1 and got it May 27th. Range is longer than advertised - I get over 280 easily. You can use an adapter and charge with Tesla wall charger. Thread about it on taycan forums.
Absolute dream to drive and compliments my other P-cars well. Never looking back.
IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

you'll need this adaptor to use the tesla L2 units

Reactions: miimura and Zer0t
Model 3 to Taycan here. Ordered one April 1 and got it May 27th. Range is longer than advertised - I get over 280 easily. You can use an adapter and charge with Tesla wall charger. Thread about it on taycan forums.
Absolute dream to drive and compliments my other P-cars well. Never looking back.
View attachment 685925
View attachment 685926
Quick reply……gorgeous.

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS
not quite right, while every taycan has been recalled, the actual issue has affected a tiny number of cars and there is no stop sale in place
Agreed, dealer said I can take it home today. I can’t get there to Thursday. The final debate is white vs black. I want white, wife wants black. It’s her car so I might have to cave in that. I’m just thinking about cleaning it.

Reactions: ElectricIAC