TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thinking about Buying New Inventory Cars

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by highedu, May 29, 2018.

1. highedu

highedu Member

Have both a model S and an X but the S was recently totaled so need to buy a new one.

Spoke with the sales rep and it seems not much available in terms of 75d with a discount.

They have a P100DL available with about 3k miles and new MCU for 11k off. I will probably lease so won’t get the tax credit, but can get the write off for Business.

Rep said they may not get more inventory vehicles before quarter end and may not be more discounting.

Does 11k sound like a reasonable discount or have folks on this thread seen more as we near quarter end?

2. Krash

Krash Data Technician

You are not going to get a deal this quarter. Tesla actually doesn't want to sell you a car in the US because they don't want to go over the 200,000 domestic production that triggers the tax credit decline until July.

3. highedu

highedu Member

Why July?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

I got recent P100D inventory with 20k discount 2k miles Jan 2018 built so old MCU ..that is not much of discount

5. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

That’s when the 3rd quarter starts. If Tesla delivers the 200,000th car before July 1st, the full $7500 credit will only be available for deliveries before the end of 3rd quarter (September). If they push that delivery into July, the full credit will be available for all deliveries through 2018. Just the way the tax credit is written.

• Helpful x 1
  6. nate16

nate16 Member

I got a 36,300 discount on a new inventory P100DL 1005 miles. September 2017 build date. AP2.5 but old MCU

The deals can be had.

7. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

Agree that we probably won’t see inventory in June, but I’m curious about July. They have a whole fleet of showroom/test drive cars that don’t have graphite trim. I suspect they’ll swap out at least some with new production. As people can be pretty particular about their color choices.

Nick

8. highedu

highedu Member

I’ll probably lease a 75D since I’m not getting a significant discount on the P100D

9. nasatech

nasatech Vendor

10. Banks1346

Banks1346 Member

I ordered an inventory vehicle on 6/30 and I am now being told to expect delivery mid to late August. Vehicle is being transported from Texas to NY. Has anyone else have to wait two months for an inventory vehicle to be delivered?

11. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I have an amazing P85D for sale, ready to go...freshly refurbished by Tesla.

Link in signature......

• Love x 1
  12. Dan Baldwin

Dan Baldwin Member

I got a $15K discount on a P100D with 700 miles, 02/18 build, old MCU

13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That’s good discount ..for low miles ...you still have latest AP2.5 ..only other thing I just missed on my car was graphite trim ..and they brought ventilated seats back to the P in ~April

14. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

There are several inventory P100Ds available at the moment with discounts around $20K but keep in mind that some of these cars were initially priced under the previous higher pricing structure and the cost of some of these cars brand new came down when they reworked and included some of the options packages.

Still there are some good deals to be had but that $20K discount might be closer to $10K when compared with the cost of a brand new car under the current pricing structure.

If someone is looking to buy a used P100D, there is one with an asking price of $98K:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/743451925/overview/

15. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

P100Ds always came with PUP standard so price should be the same regardless

16. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they used to charge extra for several expensive options that are now standard.

17. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Positive the P100 came standard with PUP sometime last year ...my earlier build this year came with it ..those deals u posted are good

18. Sola99

Sola99 New Member

Pm me I’m interested in your vehicle

19. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

That was link posted seller not here