Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thinking of making an offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As its a pre-update M3 it looks like it has been owned for a while, rather than rejected at sale so I wouldn't be too concerned on that point. Price looks about right based on other 2020 LR models - have a look on here if you haven't already. Nice looking Red one at Bangor too, with 6500 miles.

Just noticed the white one has full self-driving so that would make the price a bit better, if FSD appeals. The red one has a tow hitch but no FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: Exy1 and Beady3647
As its a pre-update M3 it looks like it has been owned for a while, rather than rejected at sale so I wouldn't be too concerned on that point. Price looks about right based on other 2020 LR models - have a look on here if you haven't already. Nice looking Red one at Bangor too, with 6500 miles.

Just noticed the white one has full self-driving so that would make the price a bit better, if FSD appeals. The red one has a tow hitch but no FSD.
does it though. is "full self driving capabilities" having FSD or being capable of it if you chose to pay for it. I suspect the latter. If it does have it and its something that the buyer wants then this is a good deal.

How were you looking to buy cash or credit? Credit deals on new cars are often better than nearly new used ones so if not buying cash it may not be worth it.
if you are buying cash it would save a few quid and you could check it over before buying. something you cannot do with a new Tesla!

but as a 2020 model you will not get:
heat pump
electric tailgate
laminated window glass
new centre console with wireless phone charging.
black exterior highlights handles etc ( if you like that sort of thing)
etc

given all that and only being only £3500 less than a new one it seems pricey to me. I would want to make a much lower offer

Last edited:
Reactions: OliLondon

If you look at the applicable picture it does NOT have FSD enabled. For that reason alone I'd avoid the seller.

If you look at the applicable picture it does NOT have FSD enabled. For that reason alone I'd avoid the seller.
if you look on auto trader this sort of wording is common. you can tell the ones that actually have it via the price and the words like "includes £6800 optional Full Self Driving package " . It is very annoying though. On the one hand letting people know it has the hardware is ok. On the other hand they all have it so its BS

Reactions: OliLondon and goRt
The M3 holds its value so well that there often isn’t much difference between a second hand car and a new car. If I were buying I’d be more tempted by a new car from inventory - there are loads available.
I would say a word of caution on "inventory" vehicles. Tesla has improved the description of "inventory" vehicles, so most described as "in transit" could be anywhere from dockside LA, at sea, or dockside UK (or the equivalent from other manufacturing location(s).

Those that have a location marked - eg "London" really are not much different to "in transit" other than the final planned destination of the vehicle is "London".

Vehicles that are truly in stock ready to go are only those marked with the "i" in the circle which if you hover your mouse over then states "available for accelerated delivery". Generally these are rare on the site, except towards quarter ends when more (and low mileage demonstrators) tend to appear.

However, if someone knows better I'm happy to be corrected....

Reactions: Artiste
I would say a word of caution on "inventory" vehicles. Tesla has improved the description of "inventory" vehicles, so most described as "in transit" could be anywhere from dockside LA, at sea, or dockside UK (or the equivalent from other manufacturing location(s).

Those that have a location marked - eg "London" really are not much different to "in transit" other than the final planned destination of the vehicle is "London".

Vehicles that are truly in stock ready to go are only those marked with the "i" in the circle which if you hover your mouse over then states "available for accelerated delivery". Generally these are rare on the site, except towards quarter ends when more (and low mileage demonstrators) tend to appear.

However, if someone knows better I'm happy to be corrected....

I’ve never had reason to explore inventory stock and I had no idea about cars marked “in transit”. I presumed all inventory cars would be available for almost immediate delivery. Very useful info.

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen it before.

That one in Bangor is very close to me.

Tow hitch I might use, most probably actually but FSD makes no sense to me what-so-ever.

How were you looking to buy cash or credit? Credit deals on new cars are often better than nearly new used ones so if not buying cash it may not be worth it.
if you are buying cash it would save a few quid and you could check it over before buying. something you cannot do with a new Tesla!

but as a 2020 model you will not get:
heat pump
electric tailgate
laminated window glass
new centre console with wireless phone charging.
black exterior highlights handles etc ( if you like that sort of thing)
etc

given all that and only being only £3500 less than a new one it seems pricey to me. I would want to make a much lower offer
I agree that credit can be very helpful, current steed came with £2,000 finance contribution and £500 test drive bonus.

I would be making a straight sale though using some savings.

I could easily live without all/any of the above although the extra warranty buying a new one has to be worth something, trouble is I really can't afford a new one.

My offer will be quite cheeky as the white car has been there for a while and is literally within spitting distance from Tesla Belfast. When I booked a test Drive in it and Tesla's demos on the same day so I could compare them back to back I could see it while standing at Tesla's front door.

I have almost convinced myself that M3's will drop due to over supply when the MY finally hits these shores, man maths is always a tad complicated.

Will have to have a good think as for me it is an enormous amount of money

I agree that credit can be very helpful, current steed came with £2,000 finance contribution and £500 test drive bonus.

I would be making a straight sale though using some savings.

I could easily live without all/any of the above although the extra warranty buying a new one has to be worth something, trouble is I really can't afford a new one.

My offer will be quite cheeky as the white car has been there for a while and is literally within spitting distance from Tesla Belfast. When I booked a test Drive in it and Tesla's demos on the same day so I could compare them back to back I could see it while standing at Tesla's front door.

I have almost convinced myself that M3's will drop due to over supply when the MY finally hits these shores, man maths is always a tad complicated.

Will have to have a good think as for me it is an enormous amount of money
I don't have any of that stuff and it doesn't bother me either. I just think that 1 year +5kmiles + all that lot ought to equate to more than a £3.5K discount on the new price

In which case I suggest you look at insurance costs too
Checked insurance costs on a M3P, just to be sure.

I was pleasantly surprised to find CTM reckon it won't cost much more than our Tucson.

Never understood the eijits that go test drive a car and fall in love only to later CLAIM that the insurance costs are prohibitive, or the wife has said NO!

Checked insurance costs on a M3P, just to be sure.

I was pleasantly surprised to find CTM reckon it won't cost much more than our Tucson.

Never understood the eijits that go test drive a car and fall in love only to later CLAIM that the insurance costs are prohibitive, or the wife has said NO!
hmmm... Teslas usually in insurance group 50. I doubt the tucson was anywhere near that but good on you if quotes aren't the issue

hmmm... Teslas usually in insurance group 50. I doubt the tucson was anywhere near that but good on you if quotes aren't the issue
I'm getting quotes under £400 which is only about £160 more than I'm paying at the minute.
Quite a difference in percentage terms but very little in absolute terms.
There are many things that affect insurance and group is only one of them, I suspect age has more of an affect in this instance.