Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thinking to get x plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That what I’m waiting for is the front camera, these prices are too tempting before Elon raises the prices or $$$$ for color

Are
I’ve got an MXP on order and people are getting delivery date estimates all the way out to Feb. I’ve yet to be assigned a VIN so if Tesla could put a front facing camera on by the end of this year I’d greatly appreciate it.
they can since you car is not delivered or or even manufactured yet. Nobody knows for sure. I just hope we are lucky to get the front camera & matrix headlights.

I’ve got an MXP on order and people are getting delivery date estimates all the way out to Feb. I’ve yet to be assigned a VIN so if Tesla could put a front facing camera on by the end of this year I’d greatly appreciate it.
Are

they can since you car is not delivered or or even manufactured yet. Nobody knows for sure. I just hope we are lucky to get the front camera & matrix headlights.

Will probably join you guys with an MXP order once they estimate November - December delivery and hope they add the ambient lightining/front camera.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Due to the recent refresh plus price decrease, I imaging that Tesla is getting tons of orders. Not unexpected that orders coming in today will not be delivered till next year, perhaps losing much of the Federal Tax credits.

Really hard to arbitrage your order timing, as you have little control over when deliveries will actually happen.

If auto strike continues, I imagine many will turn to Tesla if they need to purchase a replacement vehicle.

If Strike is successful, I imagine that ICE vehicles will increase in price if labor costs go through the roof.

Due to the recent refresh plus price decrease, I imaging that Tesla is getting tons of orders. Not unexpected that orders coming in today will not be delivered till next year, perhaps losing much of the Federal Tax credits.

Really hard to arbitrage your order timing, as you have little control over when deliveries will actually happen.

If auto strike continues, I imagine many will turn to Tesla if they need to purchase a replacement vehicle.

If Strike is successful, I imagine that ICE vehicles will increase in price if labor costs go through the roof.
Plus ice manufacturers will be on employees strike soon also

Hoping to get some feedback from current Model X Plaid owners or those that just ordered one.

On order; Ultra Red MXP, Black/White int., and I'm back and forth on wheels (I prefer the "look" of the 22's vs 20's). I live in D.C., so I'm dealing with all seasons and weather conditions.

I'm interested in hearing from those that ordered their MXP with 22's and have or plan to swap out the summer tires for all-season Pirelli's (or similar) OR ordered 22's but bought the 20" wheel/tire package and had them installed during winter months.

I've read the reviews and seen previous posts on the differences between the 22's and 20's but hoping to gain some insight on the above options, in order to help me nail down my game plan so I can stop flip-flopping between that two lol.

Any assistance, insight, and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hoping to get some feedback from current Model X Plaid owners or those that just ordered one.

On order; Ultra Red MXP, Black/White int., and I'm back and forth on wheels (I prefer the "look" of the 22's vs 20's). I live in D.C., so I'm dealing with all seasons and weather conditions.

I'm interested in hearing from those that ordered their MXP with 22's and have or plan to swap out the summer tires for all-season Pirelli's (or similar) OR ordered 22's but bought the 20" wheel/tire package and had them installed during winter months.

I've read the reviews and seen previous posts on the differences between the 22's and 20's but hoping to gain some insight on the above options, in order to help me nail down my game plan so I can stop flip-flopping between that two lol.

Thanks!
I had 21’s on my MYP and the ride was still nice but the range hurt from having the bigger range. You main loss is the range, with the air suspension the ride quality is good on 22s. But to lose 30 mile of range is not acceptable for me.

Reactions: DefenderX
I had 21’s on my MYP and the ride was still nice but the range hurt from having the bigger range. You main loss is the range, with the air suspension the ride quality is good on 22s. But to lose 30 mile of range is not acceptable for me.

Besides the range his, more tires in the 20 inch selection bs 22 and lower in price too. Bigger the rim the bigger the $$$$

Thanks!
I can tell you that the Model X plaid handles terribly on the continental tires it comes with for the 22” wheel package. I live in NJ and travel often to Vermont ski resort and the car is almost underivable on these tires, I slide all over the place and lucky to have made it home back. I will be putting winter tires on this season, unfortunately but rather be safe than sorry. Tesla should be putting better tires for winter on 22” wheel package, especially for North East area.

ANY vehicle on summer performance tires not recommended to drive below 40F.
Unfortunally, many manufacturers put big, sporty looking wheels with performance tires on 'sporty' SUVs for the look and sporty handling.
Having AWD and SUV doesn't mean it is ready for winter weather. Need winter tires or at least go with all season tires if you want to use the same tires all year around if you live above FL.

I can tell you that the Model X plaid handles terribly on the continental tires it comes with for the 22” wheel package. I live in NJ and travel often to Vermont ski resort and the car is almost underivable on these tires, I slide all over the place and lucky to have made it home back. I will be putting winter tires on this season, unfortunately but rather be safe than sorry. Tesla should be putting better tires for winter on 22” wheel package, especially for North East area.
I test drove a X le yesterday with 22’s and they had pirelli a/s scorpion tires on them. Personally the 22’s look nice but this ride quality in comfort was as comfortable as I would have liked . FYI I test drive in Lawerenceville area yesterday. :)