Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Third party chargers are now in the navigation as of the 2024.2.x update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't seem to be including all third party chargers but it's definitely a good start! Great for those of us in the South Island who can't rely on the navigating to a Supercharger trick to get the car to precondition for other chargers.

1707428384956.png

It doesn't seem to be including all third party chargers
Yeah, it probably never will, Tesla has requirements that the sites have to meet to be listed: https://www.tesla.com/support/improving-access-third-party-fast-charging

Qualified Charging Station Requirements

To be considered a Qualified Charging Station, it must meet these conditions over a 60-day period:

1. At least one compatible charging connector
  2. Frequently used by Tesla drivers at least once every four days
  3. Average charge success rate is 90% or higher

This missing feature seemed insane to me as a new owner correctly based in Dunedin. it would be good if it actually told you how much you needed to charge at these points - even if it didn't even show charging speed.
Then you can actually plan a trip somewhere and know what levels you need to reach at each charger to keep moving.
I just programmed in Invercargill and although there are 4 chargers on the way, the car reports I'll get there with -14%.

There does seem to be a bunch of Chargenet chargers missing still. Just drove DUD->WEL and Murchison, Motueka and the iSite in Nelson were all missing. Definitely useful to have the rest on there but don’t forget to double check elsewhere for other chargers.