Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This guysTesla got vandalized on Christmas Eve.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I appreciate all the time and effort put into your answer, but I think we're at the point where we're talking in circles. I can't keep clarifying things that you are misunderstanding in my posts. And, I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your points as well. It's beside the point. The only hope is that we find out someday whether it was a male or female.

Fair enough. Let’s look at the three criteria you mention:
Size - if Asian, could be either male, female or anything in-between.
Behavior - far more likely to be a boy when it comes to vandalism.
Motion - indeterminate, but many here think it’s a girl.
Doesn’t really seem all that clear one way or the other.

Heard of the expression “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”? I’ve seen plenty of girl fight videos on the internet and won’t ever forget about a neighborhood wife on a street over from us who after she found out her husband had been cheating on her, moved their bed and all his belongings to the front lawn for all the neighbors to see. Don’t recall 100% if this involved setting it all on fire but I think so. Cops called, divorce ensued and talk of the neighborhood for years. Felt bad for the son who I went to school with.

This car vandalism happened on Christmas Eve and just as easily could have involved some guy who got caught with another girlfriend or maybe the chick found out he was breaking up with her at Christmastime or didn’t give her anything for Christmas. Maybe he spent all his money on his new car. Anyway I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss this as not likely a woman. All depends on the reason for it.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Well, I appreciate all the time and effort put into your answer, but I think we're at the point where we're talking in circles. I can't keep clarifying things that you are misunderstanding in my posts. And, I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your points as well. It's beside the point. The only hope is that we find out someday whether it was a male or female.

One day the mystery may be revealed!

It’s a dude and appears to be streaming it.

B5AEE6B8-993B-44B9-9315-5B9ECEBD9FA2.png
10B08786-0E11-4371-A28F-A84782C87B55.png
94D6E333-A3A1-4F4F-BAE9-3DA19E0E4BD9.jpeg

• Funny
Perp appears to be Asian, though the name is highly unusual. Torso length to leg length reinforces this but it's just a guess. Hope they can bring this tiny perp to justice if that's his name and I'm guessing he'd be easy enough to find. He still needs to work on his hammer form coz it's just terrible.

Looks like Fountain Valley, Tustin or a slightly more established OC neighborhood like that. Tesla Y appears to have a California plate. I wonder why this had a Canadian site title in the video or what the Canadian connection is?

Last edited:
Well that was interesting. The higher quality video shows more of the perp running, and it should be clearer that it's more than likely, a boy running. I've coached thousands of young people, both male and female, in lacrosse, and boys run differently than girls.

Here's a Dropbox link to a short video, just of the running:
Dropbox - PerpRun.mov - Simplify your life

Agreed, more of a male run here. Narrow hips, more direct pendulum swing toward ground. Lets swinging from wider hips (more present in older females or older females who've had children) slice at the ground and are less efficient for running. There are differences in morphology too. I think we'd see a higher incidence of narrow hips in Asian females than Hispanic females so this is why the body type didn't rule out a female in my view. This of course would change with age and child-bearing, and natural weight gain post sexual-maturity.

Males also have more fast-twitch muscles and combined with the direct pendulum toward ground (narrow hips) it allows them to be more explosive and efficient stride, and taller average male height allows greater stride length. All competitive runners tend to skew taller since this self-selects for running efficiency. Same with swimmers. Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps are both extremely tall at 6'5" and 6'4" respectively. I think Bolt is at the tall end for runners, but it's his stride length that allows him to catch up to and pass smaller runners with quick starting small 'wheels' or smaller stride length.

This is another reason I thought that the perp would be a younger and/or Asian female (if female) because of the narrowness of the hips.

But yeah the run skews male I think.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Agreed, more of a male run here. Narrow hips, more direct pendulum swing toward ground. Lets swinging from wider hips (more present in older females or older females who've had children) slice at the ground and are less efficient for running. There are differences in morphology too. I think we'd see a higher incidence of narrow hips in Asian females than Hispanic females so this is why the body type didn't rule out a female in my view. This of course would change with age and child-bearing, and natural weight gain post sexual-maturity.

Males also have more fast-twitch muscles and combined with the direct pendulum toward ground (narrow hips) it allows them to be more explosive and efficient stride, and taller average male height allows greater stride length. All competitive runners tend to skew taller since this self-selects for running efficiency. Same with swimmers. Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps are both extremely tall at 6'5" and 6'4" respectively. I think Bolt is at the tall end for runners, but it's his stride length that allows him to catch up to and pass smaller runners with quick starting small 'wheels' or smaller stride length.

This is another reason I thought that the perp would be a younger and/or Asian female (if female) because of the narrowness of the hips.

But yeah the run skews male I think.
As you note, narrow hips for a female would be pre "sexual-maturity" so that is why your predicted age range "16 and 26" seemed so odd. You didn't want to talk about outliers, but a narrow-hipped female pre "sexual maturity" between 16 and 26 would be fairly rare, even for Asians.

Competitive runners come in two general types, sprinters and distance, that's because running comes in two types anaerobic and aerobic. Sprinters are actually quite short. Usain Bolt was a freak of nature. Tall sprinters usually don't have the high leg turnover that shorter sprinters do. Usain was the exception. Long distance runners also tend to be shorter than the average human, for efficiency. You want to carry less weight, so thin and short weighs less. Just look up the heights of all those African world record holders in the marathon, 10k etc.

Swimmers do tend to be taller, because length in the water is faster. Longer means less drag. It's the same with boats. Longer boats have higher speed potential. Also, taller swimmers have bigger paddles, hand and feet size. Ultimately, for swimming, height has little correlation with efficiency, but the physics of it. A longer body has less inherent drag. Efficiency in swimming usually refers to the mechanics of one's stroke. The ideal swimmer would be tall, and have big hands and feet, and actually a little chubby wouldn't hurt. More shaped like a penguin. That's because fat floats. Swimmers use some of their energy for buoyancy. The more fat, the less energy you need to waste on buoyancy. Also, fat can give you a more streamlined shape. Remember when swimmers, both male and female wore wetsuits to swim? The wetsuits not only streamlined a person's shape, but also added buoyancy. Women long distance swimmers have less of a gap to their male counterparts because of their inherent higher buoyancy. About 5% to their male counterparts. In running, the gender gap is about 10+%. Different sports, with different requirements.

As you note, narrow hips for a female would be pre "sexual-maturity" so that is why your predicted age range "16 and 26" seemed so odd. You didn't want to talk about outliers, but a narrow-hipped female pre "sexual maturity" between 16 and 26 would be fairly rare, even for Asians.

Competitive runners come in two general types, sprinters and distance, that's because running comes in two types anaerobic and aerobic. Sprinters are actually quite short. Usain Bolt was a freak of nature. Tall sprinters usually don't have the high leg turnover that shorter sprinters do. Usain was the exception. Long distance runners also tend to be shorter than the average human, for efficiency. You want to carry less weight, so thin and short weighs less. Just look up the heights of all those African world record holders in the marathon, 10k etc.

Swimmers do tend to be taller, because length in the water is faster. Longer means less drag. It's the same with boats. Longer boats have higher speed potential. Also, taller swimmers have bigger paddles, hand and feet size. Ultimately, for swimming, height has little correlation with efficiency, but the physics of it. A longer body has less inherent drag. Efficiency in swimming usually refers to the mechanics of one's stroke. The ideal swimmer would be tall, and have big hands and feet, and actually a little chubby wouldn't hurt. More shaped like a penguin. That's because fat floats. Swimmers use some of their energy for buoyancy. The more fat, the less energy you need to waste on buoyancy. Also, fat can give you a more streamlined shape. Remember when swimmers, both male and female wore wetsuits to swim? The wetsuits not only streamlined a person's shape, but also added buoyancy. Women long distance swimmers have less of a gap to their male counterparts because of their inherent higher buoyancy. About 5% to their male counterparts. In running, the gender gap is about 10+%. Different sports, with different requirements.

Narrow hips aren't *only* pre sexual maturity for females but also morphology which varies by race. Note that female sexual maturity is around age 16, give or take. For males it's around 18+. I did point out that you'd see a higher incidence of narrower hips (and petite frames) among Asian females than Latinas, as an example. This is why I wasn't put off by the body type. I figured it was rarer for such a tiny perp to swing a hammer like that and be male than it would be for a female to appear petite and slimmer in Orange County where there's a higher Asian population (depends on where in OC of course).

Male sprinters aren't really 'short' per se because stride length is a definite advantage, just as female sprinters tend not to be short compared to the female average. With a Google search I've found that the average male sprinter is about 6' tall, and of course they look short next to Usain. The average height for a U.S. male is 5'10" and 5'4" for females. Sure, there are a few shorter sprinters, but the best ones (male or female) tend to be taller than the statistical average and yes, Usain is a brilliant freak of nature.

Usain is an outlier (which I mentioned) because a lot of taller runners don't have the sustained power and fast-twitch musculature to compensate against shorter runners who accelerate faster due to their 'smaller wheels' or shorter stride length. This is especially true with 100m events, as the longer stride length would reveal its huge advantage in longer races and taller runners may struggle to regain the lost ground in that short of a distance.

As we know, Usain is usually beaten off the line by runners with smaller wheels (which I mentioned) but his power, endurance, and stride-length allows him to catch up even within shorter distances. This is unusual for a sprinter, but it's part of what makes him among the greatest.

For the African distance runners, specifically Kenyans who dominate these events, I think it's a long history and culture that celebrates and utilizes foot travel, hunting/tracking on foot, along with generations of living and/or training at higher altitudes. Oxygen uptake is much better for those who train or live at high altitudes.

Last edited: