Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is driving me crazy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About a week ago, I ran across a Tesla ad that I think was produced by the owner, but can't be sure. It was very well done.

The ad showed the driver of a model X running errands and loading stuff from different stores; put in a ladder and some boxes from a home improvement store. Then a drive to another store and load more boxes, etc. Then to a grocery store with a cart of groceries that was put in the frunk. Then the drive home. At this point, I thought just another boring illustration that stuff can be put in a Tesla. Then, while stopped at a traffic light, an extreme super car pulls up in the next lane and started revving the engine very aggressively. The Tesla driver then rolls his eyes and reaches over and selects ludicrous. Then, just as the light turns green, the scene cuts to the driveway where the model X is parked and he is unloading all the stuff. As he is carrying an armload of stuff from the car, that same super car was seen driving past the driveway. (suggesting the Tesla X -with cargo - was way faster.)

I just think this is an example of what advertising should be. It should be a story with a punch line. It's the punchline that makes the ad memorable.

A lot of car ads show scenes of a car drifting in dirt or snow or on ice. But, that doesn't create any memory. Any car can do that.

What is driving me crazy is that I failed to save the link and try as I might, I can't find it again. Has any of you seen that ad? And if so, did you save the link???

Thanks

About a week ago, I ran across a Tesla ad that I think was produced by the owner, but can't be sure. It was very well done.

The ad showed the driver of a model X running errands and loading stuff from different stores; put in a ladder and some boxes from a home improvement store. Then a drive to another store and load more boxes, etc. Then to a grocery store with a cart of groceries that was put in the frunk. Then the drive home. At this point, I thought just another boring illustration that stuff can be put in a Tesla. Then, while stopped at a traffic light, an extreme super car pulls up in the next lane and started revving the engine very aggressively. The Tesla driver then rolls his eyes and reaches over and selects ludicrous. Then, just as the light turns green, the scene cuts to the driveway where the model X is parked and he is unloading all the stuff. As he is carrying an armload of stuff from the car, that same super car was seen driving past the driveway. (suggesting the Tesla X -with cargo - was way faster.)

I just think this is an example of what advertising should be. It should be a story with a punch line. It's the punchline that makes the ad memorable.

A lot of car ads show scenes of a car drifting in dirt or snow or on ice. But, that doesn't create any memory. Any car can do that.

What is driving me crazy is that I failed to save the link and try as I might, I can't find it again. Has any of you seen that ad? And if so, did you save the link???

Thanks

Upvote 0