Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy.

Ditto here. Leasing Volt, was on path to buy the Bolt. Cannot go back to full ICE.

One day, decided to 'just watch' the Model 3 unveil later that night. Uhm, yeah, next thing I knew, credit card was out and preorder was in. Next day, no confirmation email so preordered another. Figure wife will steal the first, I'll drive the second. We'll base one and load up the other.

ICE drivers who haven't driven an EV. Please do so. You'll notice the quiet, the instant torque, the smile on your face. And if you don't, still smile at each and every EV cruising along - that's one less car competing with you at the gas station no? It's not us vs them. It's all of us making good choices for ourselves. Full EV is not for everyone / every use/load case.

Occasionally I go and pretend build an S or an X on the Tesla site. At least I'm sane enough to not test drive an S. It'd follow me home....

My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

The Model 3 has taken over my life....and I love it.

I need help. Wait, no I don't..yes I do. I'm screwed.

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.
I'm the same way......SO YOU'RE NOT ALONE! :)

Reactions: landis and Gilzo
My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.
Have you seen the cool shirt that says, "My other car is a reservation" and has the model 3 symbol?

Last edited:
Reactions: SSD420 and Gilzo
My wife told me I need to respond to this forum because I am in need of serious help. She rolls her eyes when I talk about Tesla. Every detail has to be communicated. Me: They picked their tire suppliers! Her: (vacant look) Oh, cool. Me: Supercharging will not be free, but some people think there may be different package options. Her: (tries hard) Oh, ya?

Currently I drive a 2012 Volt. Every-time the engine comes I cringe and all I can think about is finding a place to coast so I can hear the peaceful quiet again. Living in the mountains pretty much means no Leaf..... Oh where are you my Tesla Model 3..... My precious....

Reactions: UnbeknownstToAll
Feel like there should be a tag line at the top of the forum that says Welcome Home. Sure feels like I found my people. =)

Also a Tesla addict. Was interested in Tesla before they announced the unveiling but once I knew a 35k version was going to be a reality I got the Tesla bug. Have been doing daily readings on the same sites to keep up with the latest development. I am at the point where I can quote date/times of different milestones to people.

Like the rest of you, my spouse is getting tired of hearing about Tesla. I think it might be more envy than boredom though. He would love to have all the tech but his driving patterns for work won't allow it yet till Michigan gets with the program and embraces Tesla. So TIA from my husband who is really thankful I found this forum. ;)

Also Tesla obsessed ...since 2006. I got my Model 3 reservation in around 10:40am eastern time.
Reading all of those original blog posts and every bit of news since. I thought about applying for a Tesla job back then, I'm an EE and a car nut, but didn't want to move west. I made sure to schedule a MS test drive the first opportunity I was traveling anywhere near a tesla store in 2013, and have taken one test drive per year since.

I just have never been able to justify to myself (or more importantly my wife) why I should spend so much on a car, when my 335 (bought just off lease for ~$25k) is so much fun to drive and autocross and can still carry kids, bikes, or whatever I need. My car is 9 years old, so hopefully Tesla doesn't slip too much with their timing and it will all finally fall in to place.

What the...

Oh crap! i've been there for 69 days (at 7:35pm tonight PST) ..online 3 -5 times daily for Tesla updates fix..email 2 friends nightly for vanity plate stories..searching online for accessories and full body wrap for my 3..damn forgot to eat again.. pestering significant other to take away my gas car when the email comes to configure my 3 from "TESLA gods" But NO! I do not have an obsession like yours LOLOL..

Reactions: Gilzo
Looks like I have found my people. My daily routine is to check r/teslamotors, autoblog green, and this forum multiple times. Then when I've gotten all the latest news, I go to the "regular" news.

Luckily wife is on board. We received delivery of a MS this spring since we couldn't wait until the 3. Also have a reservation (or two) for the M3.