Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those annoying ‘Little Things’

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wtf there's no storage in the arm rest? There's all this talk about basic unalienable rights for humans, and I always thought armrest storage was one of those when it comes to cars.

You know, for a car that touts more cargo space than any other vehicle in its class, it really doesn't have a lot of space to put things.

I wonder what this means for Model 3. It will clearly have a ton of cubic footage, but will it actually be usable unless you're moving something huge like a dresser? Even then, you still wouldn't be able to use it because of the small trunk opening!
That's what the Tesla truck is for...

• Funny
Reactions: copyhacker
wow

This is shocking, especially some of the software options when this car is basically a computer on wheels.
Well, yes and no. All well-documented concerns, most going back to the car's release. It is unfortunate and somewhat annoying that there are so many of these "little things" that the car lacks. Model X does show some improvement over the Model S, so that shows that Tesla does recognize that at least some of this stuff is worthwhile (door pockets, center console storage, more cupholders, better ventilation).
For the most part, i do not really mind these issues in my day to day usage of the car, or have found solutions. You can buy a waste basket (what car comes with those anyway?), coat hooks (if you have a sunroof as I have), and I added a center console (early Model S had none). As for the others, I love my car and accept it is what it is. I had door pockets and adjustable headrests in my previous cars, but none of the technology stuff, so I guess a lot of it comes down to what you are used to. For me, the Model S was a huge step up.

door pockets in the model 3 prototypes:
tesla-model-3-black-matte-11-e1466712992523.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME and RayW
To be fair, there should also be a list of 'little annoying things' for ICE cars. Such as:

Going to gas stations. Especially at 6am or 6pm, in the rain, to/from work
Smog checks
Using two pedals while driving. The ICE car should know you want to slow down if the foot is lifted off the gas pedal.
Pushing a button to Start/Stop an engine. The whole concept of a Start/Stop button for an ICE is redundant; should only need a key fob in the pocket and a butt in the seat for the car to know it's OK to go.
Parking brakes? Really? That's so 1930's, it's time to get rid of them.
Oil changes, anti-freeze, transmission coolant, changing brake pads, timing belts, and all the other ICE maintenance

To be fair, there should also be a list of 'little annoying things' for ICE cars. Such as:

Smog checks
Using two pedals while driving. The ICE car should know you want to slow down if the foot is lifted off the gas pedal.
Pushing a button to Start/Stop an engine. The whole concept of a Start/Stop button for an ICE is redundant; should only need a key fob in the pocket and a butt in the seat for the car to know it's OK to go.
Oil changes, anti-freeze, transmission coolant, changing brake pads, timing belts, and all the other ICE maintenance

We all know the benefits of EVs. That's why we're here and bought/buying Teslas.

No denying they are missing a ton of very basic stuff at the same time.

Reactions: kablammyman

Smog checks
This is a fallacy. My Latin is a little rusty so I forget exactly which one it is, but this is not a valid argument.