Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts about selling a clean title car with battery issues at a salvage auction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new to me 199,000 mile S60 that I bought at auction has a code BMS_U018. It does run and drive and is very clean. I haven't brought it home yet since I may have to tow it instead of drive it the 30 miles back, but thinking ahead if I just want to get rid of it. I see some pretty strong prices at salvage auctions for these cars in similar condition. Like this same year S85 with just a little less miles already at $5300 and that's not even the minimum the seller would take. I'd probably be happy with that for mine.

Any other places I could list and get more than that? Ebay?

The new to me 199,000 mile S60 that I bought at auction has a code BMS_U018. It does run and drive and is very clean. I haven't brought it home yet since I may have to tow it instead of drive it the 30 miles back, but thinking ahead if I just want to get rid of it. I see some pretty strong prices at salvage auctions for these cars in similar condition. Like this same year S85 with just a little less miles already at $5300 and that's not even the minimum the seller would take. I'd probably be happy with that for mine.

Any other places I could list and get more than that? Ebay?
Here's another option, BMS_u029/018 FB Group Log into Facebook

I think the seller is themselves bidding up the price from another account. According to auction history, the car was already “sold on approval” 2 times for $5600.

But hey you can try selling it, just keep in mind every potential buyer will know it probably needs a new battery.

Reactions: brainhouston
I think the seller is themselves bidding up the price from another account. According to auction history, the car was already “sold on approval” 2 times for $5600.

But hey you can try selling it, just keep in mind every potential buyer will know it probably needs a new battery.
yeap was just gonna say the same thing
lots of shady stuff like that on auctions

OP, if u bought it at auction n putting it back then its hard to recover all ur money
was it diff auction?
Also, clean title doesn't really mean much for Tesla, cause there's been many cases where they flagged it as salvage in their own database for SuC

My other 2013 S60 connected to a supercharger just fine so don't see why this one wouldn't.

Because:

I thought it was an option on lower KWh cars to bring the price down. Your car may also have dual chargers so you could L2 charge at 80amps.

Supercharging was an optional add on, on a S60. Do you know if that car had it? The fact that another car had it doesnt impact that.

The new to me 199,000 mile S60 that I bought at auction ...
Not if it's on the original title from 2013 with 50 miles on it.
well we're talking about this car so how do u reconcile both of these statements lol

since u didn't specify what auction.. there's been few threads where ppl bought clean title cars from auctions only to find out its deemed salvage per Teslas database...
simply warning u.

SOME good news after getting the car added to my account, it has free supercharging.

Free supercharging.JPG

How much value does that add to a 199,000 mile car with a battery issue? And is there anyway it would discontinued by the previous owner? I understand it could be transferred to another Tesla he buys.

Reactions: brainhouston