Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on buying Used M3 LR RWD vs. New SR+?

New '20 SR+ or Used LR RWD?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just adding my experience. I have a 2018 LR RWD and a 2019 SR+. On the plus side I have got all the issues shaken out of the 2018 LR RWD (windows tinted, 12v battery failed/replaced, trim fixes by Tesla Service, power window regulator replaced, etc). I would say the 2018 LR RWD is "dialed in" now while I am expecting to have some of the same if not similar issues pop up on the 2019 SR+. On the flip side the driving feel of the 2019 SR+ feels better; more refined. the 2019 SR+ just feels like a better built car. With that said the LR RWD is definitely faster 0-60 than the SR+. All in all, now that I am working from home we don't need two cars anymore and are selling the 2018 LR RWD. The SR+ has lower milage and we just expect it to have less issues in the long run and the range is perfectly fine for 90% of our driving. Like others have said it just means an extra charging stop(s) if we plan on going on a long trip (which we don't do very often).

Reactions: cdswm3
Yeah; don't know what to tell you but my SR+ almost feels like it is being electronically limited. It accelerates to a point and then the pull/acceleration just goes away; on the other-hand the LR RWD just keeps accelerating. I will say that this is not scientific and, hey maybe the 0-60 are closer but the LR RWD feels better to accelerate IMO. For the SR+ I would equate it to a gasoline car where you have the petal to the floor but the car ain't going any faster.

Yeah; don't know what to tell you but my SR+ almost feels like it is being electronically limited. It accelerates to a point and then the pull/acceleration just goes away; on the other-hand the LR RWD just keeps accelerating. I will say that this is not scientific and, hey maybe the 0-60 are closer but the LR RWD feels better to accelerate IMO. For the SR+ I would equate it to a gasoline car where you have the petal to the floor but the car ain't going any faster.
Is the top speed of the RWD higher?