Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Redwood's GT Ohlins?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turns out I daily drive my M3P more than I thought I would. I've been interested in the GT kit from Redwood, but haven't found a ton of reviews other than YouTube video and few posts here and there. Anyone here running them for a while now? Any in depth feedback? TIA

Had them on my previous M3LR and they are awesome. Smooth ride with none of the harshness of stock suspension. Easy damper adjustment with lots of variation. 1 click is very firm and 32 is pretty soft. Handling is excellent at any setting. It’s a pricey kit but I’m a big fan.
I removed the GTs from the car before selling, and may have it re-valved for the new Y if the new comfort suspension doesn’t settle to my liking. It’s pretty good but somewhat bouncy. I’ll give it about 10,000 miles to settle in, then decide to switch or not.

Hmm I think I came across that thread, but I think he went with Ohlin RT and then switched out to softer swift spings. Kind of similar to Redwood's GT kit. I think I'll go ahead and get Redwood's GT kit. Thanks for the input!

Check this one out. Post#385.

Turns out I daily drive my M3P more than I thought I would. I've been interested in the GT kit from Redwood, but haven't found a ton of reviews other than YouTube video and few posts here and there. Anyone here running them for a while now? Any in depth feedback? TIA
I just came back from Redwood motorsports and if i'm not mistaken they have a 3 there, not sure what dampers are on it, I would call and ask them, I have a Y with the GT Ohlins and i'm in Long Beach if you want to test but its not the same car so....? also not even sure if you are closer to SoCal or NorCal

I just came back from Redwood motorsports and if i'm not mistaken they have a 3 there, not sure what dampers are on it, I would call and ask them, I have a Y with the GT Ohlins and i'm in Long Beach if you want to test but its not the same car so....? also not even sure if you are closer to SoCal or NorCal
Thanks appreciate it, from what I've read 3 and Y ride would be different.

Reactions: GreenCoffee
They definitely are 2 different animals. After I did a test drive of the Y, then got back in the 3 with GTs to go home I said to my wife, yeah this is the car I’d rather drive. The Y is definitely quieter, but the 3 was smoother, more controlled and much more fun to drive. If the stock “comfort” suspension doesn’t soften and smooth out to my liking in 6-10,000 miles I’ll put GTs on it.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Hi, if anyone is searching on these coilovers, the
Redwood Motorsports Ohlins DFV Long-Stroke Coilovers, Grand Touring GT. I had the installed 1000 miles ago on my fairly new 2023 RWD.

They've been perfect. Silent. Slow speed city driving over wavey, patched, broken surfaces are hardly noticed, no more heads bobbing back and forth. I love cars, I've had so many in my life and I feel I want to do this one right. There's no money to spend on gas, cool exhaust, too expensive K&N air filters or turbo engine tunes. Hell. dump it all into what you can. The suspension.

The car is so perfect now, we drive so much more now, for the pleasure of it.

Reactions: TimTam
Hi, if anyone is searching on these coilovers, the
Redwood Motorsports Ohlins DFV Long-Stroke Coilovers, Grand Touring GT. I had the installed 1000 miles ago on my fairly new 2023 RWD.

They've been perfect. Silent. Slow speed city driving over wavey, patched, broken surfaces are hardly noticed, no more heads bobbing back and forth. I love cars, I've had so many in my life and I feel I want to do this one right. There's no money to spend on gas, cool exhaust, too expensive K&N air filters or turbo engine tunes. Hell. dump it all into what you can. The suspension.

The car is so perfect now, we drive so much more now, for the pleasure of it.
Could I ask how many clicks you've set the coilovers at front and rear?

Could I ask how many clicks you've set the coilovers at front and rear?
25 from the closed position, 1 being firm, 32 being soft. 10 is fun but the hi way gets bumpy, so 25 is cushy. "handles like a dream"

The aftermarket performance tire I have on at 42psi makes a difference, as it's a firm, grippy, non-sway component in the ride as opposed to a non-performance, 'touring' category tire. So I figure that balances out the softer setting on the shocks. I don't think the car feels soft at 25 clicks, but light and maneuverable.

And as you may know, I've heard you can't adjust the rear on cheaper coilovers without jacking the car up. Adjusting front and rear on these is 5 minutes. Since it's so easy to change, it's been fun experimenting.

Last edited: