Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three Horn Beeps And Headlight Flashes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you using the key card? Here's what it says in the Model 3 manual:

To use a key card to unlock or lock Model 3, position the card as shown and tap it against the card reader located just below the Autopilot camera on the driver's side door pillar. When Model 3 detects the key card, the exterior lights flash, the mirrors unfold or fold (if Fold Mirrors is on), the horn sounds (if Lock Confirmation Sound is on), and the doors unlock or lock.

Possibly
I don’t know why you car is flashing/beeping. Maybe there’s an issue with your trunk latch as suggested above by @PianoAl.

Possibly, although it's not the yellow lights that are flashing.Trying to recreate the issue to show Tesla Service would be very difficult. In any case, this is an infrequent event and it doesn't bother me much. Figured I would run it by the members to see if anyone knew what it was.

Dragging up this old thread, but he same is happening with my Dec 21 MIC M3. I also have a key fob. Happens very infrequently, maybe once every three months. This morning I got 3 short beeps when unlocking the car, another 3 when I got in, and another 3 as I exited the car.

No idea what’s causing it. Car was on 26% charge and one theory I have is that it maybe warning me of a low(ish) charge.

Dragging up this old thread, but he same is happening with my Dec 21 MIC M3. I also have a key fob. Happens very infrequently, maybe once every three months. This morning I got 3 short beeps when unlocking the car, another 3 when I got in, and another 3 as I exited the car.

No idea what’s causing it. Car was on 26% charge and one theory I have is that it maybe warning me of a low(ish) charge.

My car did it a couple of days ago. There is no pattern to this event that I can detect. Had about 49% battery at the time.

Just to be clear... are you sure that the horn is making the noise and not the interior warning tone/chime? I say this as I've received an audible warning alert (three quick beeps) when I've opened the driver's door while the car is still in gear (Drive or Reverse). It's the system activating Park mode to prevent the vehicle from rolling away. As far as I can remember, this is the only time where I've got the three beeps upon opening the door.

Just to be clear... are you sure that the horn is making the noise and not the interior warning tone/chime? I say this as I've received an audible warning alert (three quick beeps) when I've opened the driver's door while the car is still in gear (Drive or Reverse). It's the system activating Park mode to prevent the vehicle from rolling away. As far as I can remember, this is the only time where I've got the three beeps upon opening the door.
It isn't the chimes, it's definitely the horn, 100%.

I'll have to check on the gear position next time it happens. It's also listed in the 'events' when you forget to engage 'park' . Also, it has happened to me when returning to the car and opening the door. I believe the horn and the inside chimes sounded at the same time but I'm not sure if that always happened. I'll have to be more attentive,