TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Three Months Waiting - Still No Referral Reward E-mail

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by d.c.palmer, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. d.c.palmer

d.c.palmer 7 years of EV driving

I have two Tesla referrals, the first of whom picked up his car on 3 November last year, the second a few weeks later. According to my Tesla app I need to refer to my e-mail to choose my rewards. Except I never received any e-mail - no, not in my spam folder either - oh, and I do get all other Tesla correspondence.

I've tried chasing up Tesla via:-
    • Multiple telephone calls
    • Multiple e-mails (rewards programme; customer support)
    • Multiple escalation requests (via the website)
    Initially I was told to wait longer; then they claimed e-mails had been sent (but couldn't confirm when); then they admitted the following:-

"What has happened is we have noticed that the system is not sending emails as it should so we have to manually enter each one, and this is done the the end of each month. Your emails will be resent at that time."

Well, that was mid-January. Here we are in February and still nothing.

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about receiving the rewards - I haven't even got to that stage yet; I'm talking about the first step: receiving an e-mail which (allegedly) lets one specify which rewards one wishes to receive.

Having exhausted all of the obvious options, what does one do to rectify the situation - short of flying to California and doorstepping Elon Musk in person?!

2. d.c.palmer

d.c.palmer 7 years of EV driving

Well, clearly no one was interested in this! However, having posted this, and having sent yet another e-mail to Tesla Customer Support, I did finally get a response: someone who was prepared to "stop the machine" and manually handle the reward notification.

Just a word of warning: it appears that the Rewards Programme, whilst largely automated, doesn't entirely work - and that there are others out there who have not been sent the e-mails they should have received. So, if like me, you're left waiting after several months, with no response, it is worth pushing for human intervention. Those machines are not infallible!

3. telsanzjohn

telsanzjohn Member

Hey D.C,

I just asked my local rep about the same issue. I'm told you can now use the Tesla App to claim rewards. Go to the Loot Box and then My Awards.

I've just tried this and it worked for me. No need for an email!

4. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

It is a terribly run program.

5. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

My Lootbox gives me an error message all the time. "There was an error retrieving award details"

6. telsanzjohn

telsanzjohn Member

OK - so it's not as good as I at first thought... I have 3 referrals and could only order one award. At least that's some progress.

7. kozmickb

kozmickb New Member

Hi,

My App is also displaying the same error having it now been 3 months since delivery of the vehicle and it being registered within the app as a “light green bar” to indicate it becoming “claimable”.

Has anyone had any luck with escalating at? I will be asking my sales rep to escalate the issue next week unless resolved sooner!

Thanks in advance!

KB

8. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Same here, I’m getting an error message

9. Red5StandingBy

Is the "There was an error retrieving award details" error in the Loot Box an issue with the latest app version, or is this something that has been going on for a while? I have the same issue.

10. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I have the same error in the app. I called tech support and here is what they told me, sort of paraphrasing.

There is a 30 day return window for newly delivered cars. When the person who used your code takes delivery their car, they have 30 days from that day to return the car for whatever reason. That window of time has to pass before the referral award is actually processed. There then might be like a 7 day processing time window once the 30 days is up. After the fact, then I should get an email or a notification on the app in regards to choosing my award.

11. arlorose

arlorose Member

Does anyone have a contact email? I’m in the same boat. Delivery was a month and a half ago and I still get the error in the app.

At a minimum fix the app so there isn’t an error!

12. te$la_manny

te$la_manny New Member

I am in the same boat as well. I agree at least the error should be fixed on the app.

13. te$la_manny

te$la_manny New Member

Referred someone while ago and he got his car delivered a month and a half ago.

Sent an email to Tesla General Customer Service, spoke with Store Manager a few times already. No luck and I am still waiting for the redemption code.