Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three Months Waiting - Still No Referral Reward E-mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

d.c.palmer

10 years of EV driving
Feb 17, 2017
Oxford, England
I have two Tesla referrals, the first of whom picked up his car on 3 November last year, the second a few weeks later. According to my Tesla app I need to refer to my e-mail to choose my rewards. Except I never received any e-mail - no, not in my spam folder either - oh, and I do get all other Tesla correspondence.

I've tried chasing up Tesla via:-
  • Multiple telephone calls
  • Multiple e-mails (rewards programme; customer support)
  • Multiple escalation requests (via the website)
Initially I was told to wait longer; then they claimed e-mails had been sent (but couldn't confirm when); then they admitted the following:-

"What has happened is we have noticed that the system is not sending emails as it should so we have to manually enter each one, and this is done the the end of each month. Your emails will be resent at that time."

Well, that was mid-January. Here we are in February and still nothing.

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about receiving the rewards - I haven't even got to that stage yet; I'm talking about the first step: receiving an e-mail which (allegedly) lets one specify which rewards one wishes to receive.

Having exhausted all of the obvious options, what does one do to rectify the situation - short of flying to California and doorstepping Elon Musk in person?!

Reactions: Jen123
Well, clearly no one was interested in this! However, having posted this, and having sent yet another e-mail to Tesla Customer Support, I did finally get a response: someone who was prepared to "stop the machine" and manually handle the reward notification.

Just a word of warning: it appears that the Rewards Programme, whilst largely automated, doesn't entirely work - and that there are others out there who have not been sent the e-mails they should have received. So, if like me, you're left waiting after several months, with no response, it is worth pushing for human intervention. Those machines are not infallible!

Hi,

My App is also displaying the same error having it now been 3 months since delivery of the vehicle and it being registered within the app as a “light green bar” to indicate it becoming “claimable”.

Has anyone had any luck with escalating at? I will be asking my sales rep to escalate the issue next week unless resolved sooner!

Thanks in advance!

KB

Is the "There was an error retrieving award details" error in the Loot Box an issue with the latest app version, or is this something that has been going on for a while? I have the same issue.

I have the same error in the app. I called tech support and here is what they told me, sort of paraphrasing.

There is a 30 day return window for newly delivered cars. When the person who used your code takes delivery their car, they have 30 days from that day to return the car for whatever reason. That window of time has to pass before the referral award is actually processed. There then might be like a 7 day processing time window once the 30 days is up. After the fact, then I should get an email or a notification on the app in regards to choosing my award.

Referred someone while ago and he got his car delivered a month and a half ago.

Sent an email to Tesla General Customer Service, spoke with Store Manager a few times already. No luck and I am still waiting for the redemption code.

You guys can check at least!

I’ve had Solarcity solar panels for 7 years. They then became Tesla, and I was able to refer.

I referred myself for a Model X in 2/18.

I want the wall charger, but there is NO option to even see my referral since it was through my Solarcity account.

I therefore now have 2 “Tesla” referral accounts.

I’ve emailed once giving my SolarCity referral name/code and asking for my wall charger. They acknowledged my referral (really??...maybe it was just to make me go away), and said to expect it in a few months.

I just want the wall charger! Ha. This may require escalation.

What makes me worried also is that I’m selling this “Tesla” house, so they better not get rid of my referral award!!

Just a quick follow up on my referral rewards woes:

Having chased senior Tesla management I managed to get my first reward (the toy car). However, I am still waiting for the black wall charger. I've chased and chased and the last I heard was that I might be getting something in the next 3 weeks - that's 15 months since my colleague took delivery of his Tesla.

Anyone else still waiting for a referral reward after 15 months?!