Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ticket for not charging at a non-functional charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, can’t get my head around this - so who drops you to pick up the car? And what happens if you have to go to work in the morning etc.,

These arrangement will work if you are close to such a charging place and of course if you are working from home etc., But otherwise sounds bit complicated. Of course if you do not have home charger and no SCs nearby then possibly an option.
eh?

what I wrote - is just the solution, if you have to be "plugged in AND charging" while in public parking which requires those. so in order to avoid fully charged vehicle (which is not charging anymore) being "fined" - you can extend your charging session to very long one - this way you will not be penalised.

I do not care what is your other arrangement...

Which is sort of ridiculous- 30%ish. I left my car charging overnight at Tesco and got a ticket for overstaying. Appealed because I could show I had been charging 10h and Horizon parking dropped it. I was lucky.

Usually for Tesco’s overnight I’d pay the £2 on YourParkingSpace but this one wasn’t on there.
True but it's not about getting your car to full, it's to ensure a fair space rotation between motorists.
With 2hrs, you get 14kWh, not a lot but enough to get you going for a bit if you were really desperate for some juice.

What happens if the the charging session is interrupted for some reason (such as a brown-out)? Should you be fined because you aren't actually charging when it wasn't your fault it stopped? I have had to reattach the charging cable to reengage charging after power fluctuations. Attempting to fine someone because charging has stopped is not practical.

What happens if the the charging session is interrupted for some reason (such as a brown-out)? Should you be fined because you aren't actually charging when it wasn't your fault it stopped? I have had to reattach the charging cable to reengage charging after power fluctuations. Attempting to fine someone because charging has stopped is not practical.
well exactly.

i presume plug in is enough.

not all chargers have LED indicators showing it is charging or not

tough luck then I suppose.
Luckily you wont be able to adjust the DC supercharging current otherwise @yessuz will be wine’ing and dine’ing when others are waiting! Imagine what happens if he is somewhere in this SC in france?

IMG_2353.jpeg