Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tidal performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lolachampcar

Nov 26, 2012
WPB Florida
Just got the update with Tidal and did a HiFi subscription. Choose a song and after about a minute the song will play for roughly four seconds. Wait another minute and get another four seconds. It sounds GREAT but I need a bit more than four seconds at a time. Does anyone have Tidal working correctly on the first year data plan (2021 refresh)?
Thanks,
Bill

Just got the update with Tidal and did a HiFi subscription. Choose a song and after about a minute the song will play for roughly four seconds. Wait another minute and get another four seconds. It sounds GREAT but I need a bit more than four seconds at a time. Does anyone have Tidal working correctly on the first year data plan (2021 refresh)?
Thanks,
Bill
Mine is working fine on the Plaid. No issues streaming while driving. Listened for a 3 hour commute.

Reactions: lolachampcar
How are you connecting? Premium connectivity? Wifi tethered to your phone? Or wifi from home? It sounds like you have some speed issue. If you are using a hot spot from your phone it may not have the bandwidth you think and it buffers some, plays it all, then waits for the next buffer load.

Try downloading an album within Tidal in the car while connected to your home wifi and then playing it.

I've had this come and go when using it in the last few weeks. I'm streaming using Tesla connectivity. Sometimes I get the stalls even with 5 bars on the LTE display. Sometimes it works fine. Can't tell why.

First release Tidal seems pretty buggy though. I often get Loading Error on songs instead of stalls, and it can get progressively worse to where it will somehow even poison playing USB songs with Loading Error instead. Needs a reboot. Sometimes downloaded HiFi songs give me Loading Error, which really makes no sense. (Downloading 44.6 as we speak, hope it improves.)

I've had this come and go when using it in the last few weeks. I'm streaming using Tesla connectivity. Sometimes I get the stalls even with 5 bars on the LTE display. Sometimes it works fine. Can't tell why.

First release Tidal seems pretty buggy though. I often get Loading Error on songs instead of stalls, and it can get progressively worse to where it will somehow even poison playing USB songs with Loading Error instead. Needs a reboot. Sometimes downloaded HiFi songs give me Loading Error, which really makes no sense. (Downloading 44.6 as we speak, hope it improves.)
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

Can someone pls explain how to get the best out of tidal on a Tesla? I’ve read multiple threads about Tidal, but still am unsure of what to do. I’m on a 22’ Tesla Model S.

Do I tether my phone to my Tesla and then use the Tesla Tidal App?

Am I free to just use the Tidal app on my Tesla without tethering?

My songs have a “High” button next to the song title. Does this mean I am getting the best quality from Tidal? Are there different qualities that should appear? (i.e. "High" or "Hi-Fi" or "Master")

I am using Tidal's mid tier plan, Hi-Fi ($9.99/m). Will upgrading to Hi-Fi Plus make any noticeable difference?

Hopefully someone can help me with these questions I am so confused about 🥴