Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time for new tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Save yourself the cost and bother of new tires and get rim protectors: Wheel Bands™ Kit for Tesla Owners

You would have to get 255/40 size to keep approximately the same rolling radius. But as mentioned above you may notice a loss of range/efficiency. And from my experience putting wider tires on std OEM rims on other cars, it never improved handling. Rims should typically be as wide or slightly wider for best handling which is what you see on most performance cars.

Save yourself the cost and bother of new tires and get rim protectors: Wheel Bands™ Kit for Tesla Owners

You would have to get 255/40 size to keep approximately the same rolling radius. But as mentioned above you may notice a loss of range/efficiency. And from my experience putting wider tires on std OEM rims on other cars, it never improved handling. Rims should typically be as wide or slightly wider for best handling which is what you see on most performance cars.

Oof. Gonna spend a few more seconds to roll down my tinted windows to line up with the curb than to be caught me with these on my wheels...

My wife's car has the Primacy MXM4 tires in 235/45/18, which is the same tire on M3 LRs, and they have a very hefty rim protector. It's actually the same as the Pilot 4Ss on my car. There's no need for more. Plus the car parks itself if you're not good at it, so why extra rim protectors? Having said that, the aero wheel covers add even more protection, so that should be all you need :).

Just drove off the tire shop, Discount Tires and first impressions with these Michelin Cross Climate Plus is wow! Super quiet compared to the OEM tires and feels and drive great! Also plenty of tire wall that sticks out past the wheel to prevent wheel rash.

Michelin Cross Climate Plus: 235 45/R18
F2FD431A-5DAE-4DD6-8367-283F178B4C17.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: dduffey and Thp3
Just drove off the tire shop, Discount Tires and first impressions with these Michelin Cross Climate Plus is wow! Super quiet compared to the OEM tires and feels and drive great! Also plenty of tire wall that sticks out past the wheel to prevent wheel rash.

Michelin Cross Climate Plus: 235 45/R18
View attachment 622981

Wheels look awesome with those tires!! Does the sidewall feel any stiffer?