TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Time from entering production to on the truck?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Debaser, May 20, 2016.

1. Debaser

Debaser Member

What has everyone seen for the timeline from when an MX enters production, to when it is on the truck for delivery? I'm asking for just the past month or two, since we all know that the initial runs were lacking. I'm not asking about time it takes to ship via train vs. truck, I'm just asking about time from entering production until it's on the truck.

Thanks!

2. VABarb

VABarb Member

Right now - I was told on May 10th my X was in production. As of yesterday it is still in production. I'll let you know if i get word on shipping

3. bradnabors

bradnabors Member

As a data point, here is the timeline so far for my 6-seater X (White, multi-coat):
    Sept 1st. Order complete
    Sept 8th. Order “confirmed”
    Sept 9th. VIN assigned 5YJXCBE21GF0205xx
    Sept 19th. In production according to rep at SC, “...it just moved into the main production line. It is currently in paint …”

I was told late October delivery, but maybe they will try to squeeze this one in for a Sept delivery as well? I won’t fault them if they do!

4. psgabin

psgabin Member

so my page changed to in production does that really mean on the line?

5. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Member

16th - started production, 22nd - production complete, 29th - delivered