Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks!

I work in Mt. Laurel NJ. I had this done at AODetail in Cherry Hill; not far from the Cherry Hill Mall. They did a terrific job, albeit a slow one. But I would rather it be slow and good, than fast and poor. :D

I would think there are probably a good number of places around Philly. I did a lot of research on Google, sent some emails to shops asking what they would do and how much they charge before deciding on this place. I highly recommend watching some videos on these wraps and chrome deletes to get a sense of what products & techniques work well, then talk to a few prospective places. However, if they have a track record of doing Tesla, and any high end cars for that matter, with good results, they are probably a safe bet.

Anyone in South Jersey (Cherry Hill adjacent), I highly recommend AODetail.

Thanks for the info. Many years ago I lived in Cherry Hill when I was stationed at the Air Force base there, so I am familiar with the places you have mentioned. I’ll start doing the research!

Does anyone know how soon after payment Tesla reaches out to schedule delivery? Feels weird to have transferred all that money to them yesterday, and short of a generic payment confirmation e-mail, haven't heard anything from them since.

I'm hoping they reach out today, but just wanted to see if anyone else did the full transfer via ACH, and subsequently when Tesla reached out to you. I can see they debited the account!

Why are you paying before you've seen the car? In a state where Tesla can't sell, sure. In CA? Does not compute.

Right? I just saw that they asked for payment via my online account, so I went ahead and did it (ah, my classic over-eagerness). I did think it was weird, but maybe I just assumed they'd reach out right away to schedule delivery. Instead, the entire day went by with no further communication. Felt odd.

Right? I just saw that they asked for payment via my online account, so I went ahead and did it (ah, my classic over-eagerness). I did think it was weird, but maybe I just assumed they'd reach out right away to schedule delivery. Instead, the entire day went by with no further communication. Felt odd.

You're certainly not the only one to do it, and I wasn't trying to call you out. I just have always done the final payment at pickup, and Tesla is fine with that in my state.

Good luck--hopefully you get the text/call today!

Does anyone know how soon after payment Tesla reaches out to schedule delivery? Feels weird to have transferred all that money to them yesterday, and short of a generic payment confirmation e-mail, haven't heard anything from them since.

I'm hoping they reach out today, but just wanted to see if anyone else did the full transfer via ACH, and subsequently when Tesla reached out to you. I can see they debited the account!
I am paying with a check at closing.

You can still refuse the car at delivery, even if you already paid. I paid most up front, before the delivery date was scheduled. That is how I knew it was coming up, because I had the option to pay via ACH on the web site. I had no issue sending the ACH either. Not like I think they would abscond with my money or deny to refund it if I did not accept the car.

The balance was through a loan and that paperwork could only be submitted once the sales agreement was signed at delivery, and they had to fax it and the form to the bank to get paid.

Reactions: sunshinejenn
You can still refuse the car at delivery, even if you already paid. I paid most up front, before the delivery date was scheduled. That is how I knew it was coming up, because I had the option to pay via ACH on the web site. I had no issue sending the ACH either. Not like I think they would abscond with my money or deny to refund it if I did not accept the car.

The balance was through a loan and that paperwork could only be submitted once the sales agreement was signed at delivery, and they had to fax it and the form to the bank to get paid.

Ooo this is good to know. How soon after you did the ACH transfer did they reach out to schedule delivery? It's been almost 30 hours now and still no communication other than the 'thank you for your payment' e-mail!

Ooo this is good to know. How soon after you did the ACH transfer did they reach out to schedule delivery? It's been almost 30 hours now and still no communication other than the 'thank you for your payment' e-mail!

Payment and delivery scheduling timing are unrelated. Well, maybe not entirely. But having paid or not paid via ACH has no bearing on whether your car is ready for delivery.

Reactions: sunshinejenn