Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I woke up to an email telling me to complete the next steps. Went to Tesla Account and still said 'preparing your contract'. I called the main Tesla number and asked where my contract was given delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. She said that delivery will likely slip because I hadn't made the payment (in TX you have to pay in advance). I told her I was ready and waiting on them. She had the contract up in 20 mins. Sounds like they are just playing a lot of catch-up. I would chase them if you have a delivery estimate and no contract.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Rcbx and mongo
So I woke up to an email telling me to complete the next steps. Went to Tesla Account and still said 'preparing your contract'. I called the main Tesla number and asked where my contract was given delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. She said that delivery will likely slip because I hadn't made the payment (in TX you have to pay in advance). I told her I was ready and waiting on them. She had the contract up in 20 mins. Sounds like they are just playing a lot of catch-up. I would chase them if you have a delivery estimate and no contract.

Good Advice. Thanks for sharing.

3wks of waiting (west coast US order) for me, and no info from Tesla since the order was placed.....

What other accessories can I order to keep me busy while I'm waiting? Got the all weather floor mats, wall charger, phone charger mount.....

3wks of waiting (west coast US order) for me, and no info from Tesla since the order was placed.....

What other accessories can I order to keep me busy while I'm waiting? Got the all weather floor mats, wall charger, phone charger mount.....

Ha, can't help you there, my friend. I have a question back to you, though--how long did it take from ordering the HPWC to receiving? I'm considering upgrading my garage and have had Tesla accessory orders in the past take anywhere from a few days to many months, so am trying to figure out at what point I need to order.

LOL. That is exactly what I have been doing.

I can tell you what I have ordered, and it was not the crappy floor mats. I am looking at the 3D Maxspider weather mats. They appear much higher quality and fit better. But here is the list I have either ordered or have in my cart waiting to be ordered.

Ordered:
  • High intensity interior replacement LEDs from Abstract Ocean. I am going with blue foot-well, and white everywhere else.
  • Tesla logo puddle lights from Abstract Ocean.
  • Screen protector
  • Tesla Wall Charger - going to be installed in a couple weeks by electrician

What I am waiting on until getting closer to delivery:
  • Blackvue DR9000S-2C dashcam (having it installed while it is with the detailer being wrapped and chrome delete)
  • Neck Pillow - because the base of the headrest cuts into the back of my neck (I am tall)
  • Center Console drawer
  • 3D Maxspider all weather mats (for 5 seat config)
  • NEMA14-50 extension cord for those times I may need to get at a 14-50 outlet
  • Regular 120v heavy duty extension cord, for those times, that may be all I have access to.
Things I am looking into:
  • I would really like to get the illuminated door sills from Norm, but he does not have the measurements for X yet, but said he is working on it. I could get them from a place in the Netherlands, but they are about $500 for front and back doors, and hoping Norm is more reasonably priced.
  • Screen protector for instrument panel - seems people complain about it being a little small and having a largish gap around the edges.
  • Something to provide wifi access from my home network to a solid state storage in the Tesla for updating music or viewing camera footage from my PC. WD makes a wifi solid state drive that can be accessed like network attached storage.

If you have the VIN, you should have the MVPA.

It should be filed with your order agreement and lemon law policy. At least that's where mine was.
Is the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) the same as the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement?
Hoping for the "Raven" refresh. Ordered on 4/17, Start manufacturing on 8 May, completed on 14 May... since then crickets. Yes I live in Hawaii, but boats leave Oakland several times a week with cars on them. VIN 1624xx

Funny to see so many of you getting your delivery dates so soon. I ordered my P100X March 19 and just now getting a possible delivery for this Tuesday. Luckily for the delay my build started May 2nd, competed May 10th with all the refreshes. There’s a delivery issue going on since it was supposed to ship from the factory but still has not left. My DS said to call tomorrow to make sure the delivery took place and is still on schedule.
Hi, do you have your VIN number?

Ha, can't help you there, my friend. I have a question back to you, though--how long did it take from ordering the HPWC to receiving? I'm considering upgrading my garage and have had Tesla accessory orders in the past take anywhere from a few days to many months, so am trying to figure out at what point I need to order.

I ordered the wall charger 3 days ago, and it hasn't shipped yet. No idea when it'll get it - hope I don't have to reschedule my electrician installation appt that's 3wks from now. I'd say order anything critical asap if you aren't getting it through Amazon .

Reactions: Zaxxon
Hi, do you have your VIN number?

Yes, I was assigned my VIN 15 days after the order. It’s 160,xxx. But it was delayed, hopefully for the new builds. It was built on the 10th of May. I just called my DS since they asked me to call them today to follow up on the delivery date. It’s still waiting in California to be shipped so my Tuesday delivery date has been pushed back. She’s supposed to let me know more today...

Update - turns out mine was actually in Texas when the VIN was issued. So they have been building and shipping them before releasing the VIN. The contract should be put in at the same time but one wasn't. If you see the VIN I suggest calling to get them to push through the contract.

Nice.

Meanwhile, in 'how to entertain yourself while waiting,' my wife and I spent two hours at the local gallery today oscillating back and forth between black and cream interior (which we ordered but could still edit).

Wound up sticking with cream (red exterior). So we were just killing time after all...

Update - turns out mine was actually in Texas when the VIN was issued. So they have been building and shipping them before releasing the VIN. The contract should be put in at the same time but one wasn't. If you see the VIN I suggest calling to get them to push through the contract.

what is your VIN? last 6 digit? 16200+?

there are some new inventory model X that has 16200 + vin, and they don't show smart air suspension anymore I'm wondering if those are actually the refreshed model

Reactions: Rcbx
I’m curious why everyone is asking about VINs being 162,000+? My original order was just before the announcement and I got a VIN 1634xx on that one. It was confirmed to be the 295 mile range version and still shows as such on its inventory page now. Do people have lower VINs that are the refreshed version?

Reactions: Rcbx