Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my model x that I ordered on the 2nd of May and that got a VIN last week just got a delivery date via SMS. 29th of June! :)

Kind of strange, the message said that due to IT problems my model x could not be registered but if they managed to register it earlier they would update me. So now it's just sitting there without a license place waiting.. At least it's ready.

This is in Norway btw.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: GraemeS and Amar
So my model x that I ordered on the 2nd of May and that got a VIN last week just got a delivery date via SMS. 29th of June! :)

Kind of strange, the message said that due to IT problems my model x could not be registered but if they managed to register it earlier they would update me. So now it's just sitting there without a license place waiting.. At least it's ready.

This is in Norway btw.

Awesome! Very encouraging for those of us waiting to cross the Atlantic!!

This is in Norway btw.

Ordered a MX may 6th, got a vin, hope I get a text like that soon! (Belgium)

Reactions: GraemeS
I’m from San Francisco Bay Area. Order Model X - Long range, Blue, Black interior, 6 seats and FSD on June 8th. This morning I get a text to schedule delivery. VIN doesn’t show up on the website. I called Tesla to get purchase agreement to finalize loan with the bank. I just got a call if I wanted the car delivered today. I had to decline as I won’t get the check from bank until tomorrow. Scheduled delivery for Friday at 6pm. Feels like Tesla Prime Shipping.

I’m from San Francisco Bay Area. Order Model X - Long range, Blue, Black interior, 6 seats and FSD on June 8th. This morning I get a text to schedule delivery. VIN doesn’t show up on the website. I called Tesla to get purchase agreement to finalize loan with the bank. I just got a call if I wanted the car delivered today. I had to decline as I won’t get the check from bank until tomorrow. Scheduled delivery for Friday at 6pm. Feels like Tesla Prime Shipping.

Welcome to end-of-quarter. The party will be at the delivery center. The only activity will be deliveries.

Seriously. I'm in Denver, and have been at the delivery center three days this week (once to get my X, once to trade out a 24' HPWC for an 8', and once to educate me about how not to make a dumb mistake with the 2nd row seat lock). The cars are turning over very fast. Each time I've been there, there have been several in progress. They schedule for only 15 min, too.

My replacement X was delivered on Tuesday. Took 10 minutes. Sign, Sign, Double check and then drive out. 13 days from order to delivery. It is quiet, quick and quadraphonic.

BTW Ludicrous is NO LONGER on the on the Driving Menu. It, in-fact, does only say INSANE +. We had a mechanic come validate with his PC thingy and validated the Ludicrous upgrade. Also informed the dash no longer says Ludicrous as a selection, but the INSANE+ on a Ludicrous (red underlined DUAL MOTOR) comes up with the Max Battery Warning.

My replacement X was delivered on Tuesday. Took 10 minutes. Sign, Sign, Double check and then drive out. 13 days from order to delivery. It is quiet, quick and quadraphonic.

BTW Ludicrous is NO LONGER on the on the Driving Menu. It, in-fact, does only say INSANE +. We had a mechanic come validate with his PC thingy and validated the Ludicrous upgrade. Also informed the dash no longer says Ludicrous as a selection, but the INSANE+ on a Ludicrous (red underlined DUAL MOTOR) comes up with the Max Battery Warning.

Insane mode has battery heating too, it's not as fast. People have been getting software updates to enable ludicrous mode after delivery.

Is there anyone who finds in the source code that this estimatedDeliverydate is filled in before it is visible?
Screenshot_20190613-063143__01.jpg

Awesome! Very encouraging for those of us waiting to cross the Atlantic!!

Ordered a MX may 6th, got a vin, hope I get a text like that soon! (Belgium)

Godspeed!
I was down at the service center today to pick up my new wall connector too and they told me they would not be surprised if I didn't get delivery even earlier.

As for the model, here are my specs:
  • Model X Long Range
  • Red Multi-Coat
  • 20" sølv hjul (silver wheel)
  • Krem premium interiør (cream interior)
  • Interiør med syv seter (7 seater)
  • Autopilot
  • Fullverdige selvkjørende egenskaper (FSD)

Just a short vacation next week where I go to the EU mainland and then the car is mine.. MINE!

What would you think is the latest possible day to hear a VIN was issued to be able to receive by the 30th, Or when to just except that it’s not coming. Shipping to NJ.

Impossible to say, really. There's no definitive timeframe from VIN appearing in your page source to on a truck, to your delivery center. I'm sure they will do all they can, though. It's in Tesla's best interest to get you the car by 6/30.

Now this is quite interesting.
I bought this wall connector today but I just noticed something on the invoice.
Since I bought it at the service station they apparently registered it to the car and it says "Kilometerteller innlevering / utlevering: 8 km" which means what the odometer is at when you enter service and exit it (both today).

Do they have a live link to the car?
I guess the 8 km is from testing and driving on/off ships and docks.

I ordered a Model X Standard Range on the 1st and still have no VIN or delivery ETA. After I ordered, I got a congratulations email for a Model 3. I called the store in Seattle for the first time and was told that a problem with my drivers licence entry was causing a delay. They fixed that, and then I got an email from Tesla saying that to prepare for my delivery I had to confirm my delivery location and select my payment method (I already had). The links in the email were all broken and I didn't work. I called back and was told that my driver's license problem prevented me from being entered into salesforce and that someone on the "backend" was working on that. I've reached back out to get another update. We're going to be without a car entirely starting Tuesday. I ordered my Model X over the phone with the Seattle store and they told me it would take 2 weeks to get my Model X.

I want this car but I'm by no means a fanboy. I'm enthusiastic, but it's waning. This is a lot of money for this to be such a *sugar* show with zero communication, commitment, or follow up.